Updating a project with untouched custom images should not trigger filter

A feature I’d like to see in Hopscotch is:

when a project gets updated, and the creator didnt add any images and didnt change any too, that project should not trigger the filter. basically tht is approving previously already approved images lol, and im sure it’s not necessary

and this is a win-win, we’re happy the project is now live, and tht has less stuff to approve

13 Likes

Agreed. It’s always mildly annoying to wait for a project to get approved while all I did was fix 2 spelling mistakes lol.

8 Likes

This would probably be hard to add due to work arounds (other objects changing the images) but this would also be really helpful!

3 Likes

? what are you talking about /conf

i meant if you dont manually edit/add custom images, the project shouldnt be in the filter

nothing to do with the code

3 Likes

I’m saying that people could upload parts of an image that when combined make something bad (but in their own they are ok). So they get approved and then after they could go in and make a new object that changes the position of the objects so they are put together. Does that make sense?

Maybe I’m just overthinking it and no one would do that but I’ve seen it on other apps before so it’s always good to be careful.

3 Likes

How is that protected from now?

3 Likes

It would have to go through approval so the mods can stop a project with the images moved because they are already moved. But if they didn’t need to get approved they could move the images after they get checked without needing them checked again.

3 Likes

i would be genuinely surprised if someone has that much patience doing that useless thing

5 Likes

Yes I know, It usually only happens with very popular apps (not saying Hopscotch isn’t popular, I mean pretty big apps) but it’s still something to keep in mind. Although you could make it so it would need to get approved if it changed the image positions or a variable that did.

2 Likes

i’m sure our moderators will be able to spot that

2 Likes

True, they would probably be able to tell if something looks suspicious or not and then know from there.

3 Likes