Updates on My Game (idk it doesn’t have a name yet)

new_game
project
undertale
rpg
tagica

Of corse you can! Anyone can be apart, so long you ask.

Awesome. Again, good luck with this!

Also, I know I said this in the original post, but just Incase anyone overlooked it, if you have any character design, ideas, etc, feel free to put them down! If we do end up using them, you’ll get credit where credit is deserved.

Also, I’m 99.9% sure I’m going to use unity. I’m going to use C#, so if you have any other suggestions on programs I can use, let me know!

Ok I just want to say this now. I made a topic and it INSTANTLY got moved to a place I dot have access to (or it got flagged but I think I would be notified). I was a topic about DeltaRune (undertale 2) so if anyone is interested in talking about it, well we can talk about it here instead. I’m only using hopscotch forums because I don’t have any other forums I can use, or even know. That’s why all of my content on is is not hopscotch related.

Also I might just remake the topic

@FearlessPhoenix @Aether @Toxiccato @William04GamerA @Hi_people Hi! Every week I’m going to do an update on the game (or try to), so here we are.

1. We have a rough idea of the plot.
  2. The other characters actually have intentions for attacking you now. So I guess that’s good
  3. We have a few of the characters designs, including what will seam like the main antagonist.
    4.This isn’t an update, just wanted to put it out there. There will be very few humans in the game. You and two (potentially three) other people. And the background characters that hold not weight to the story.
  4. While the characters will not be customizable, your actions shape her personality.
  5. We’re using C#, and probably Unity. If you have any other programs we can use, please let up know.
  6. Main character has a name ٩( ᐛ )و

So that’s really it for now. I’ll try to keep it with updates, and try to keep them on the same day. But if something urgent comes up, like we finish the game, a trailer, or we get all the music finished, I’ll let you know. The game is being planned out by 3 people, but I’m pretty sure I’m the one going to do the all the coding. Idk how long it will take to make, but I’m hoping it doesn’t take any longer than 3 years. Happy November and see you next time!

Cool! This sound really fun.

I’d reccomend using repl.it, unless you want graphics or something.

The only graphics there are going to use are pixelated or hand drawn (probably not doing that though). I dont know a lot about coding programs, much less coding in general. I’ll look into it.

So I just got aseprite. I’m not very good at it either! Oh well. It’s going to be a fun journey with this program, but I have hope!

If you want, I might be able to help with design

Yeah, I’m pretty sure that would be ok. We have the main character, main antagonists, and a few other characters down (like 2). Aside from character ideas, you could help with background ideas or how we should do the sprites. I did one that was very simple. It’s not really what I was going for, but my friends like it sooo…

Also, if anyone knows a good music devilment programs, please let me know! Idk what i even need to get started with music, so anything will help. I just don’t want to use GarageBand. It’s a fine program, just want something more professional.

@FearlessPhoenix @Aether @Toxiccato @William04GamerA @Hi_people Ok I know I’m doing this a day early, but I really don’t care. Time for the updates!
1-So we got the plot (I’ll explain it after everything)
2-some more characters are in development
3- Got Aseprite. It a program where you can make sprites for games. I’m not very good at it, but hey.
4-Now only 2 people are working on the game. A friend and I are working on the story, and I am doing the sprites, musics, and everything else.
5-Battle format is closer to traditional rpgs, with the Player on the left and opponent on the right.
6- Attacks and Dodging are rhythm based.

So time for the story, if it sounds similar to DeltaRune, it’s a accident. I had this idea before it even came out.
Basically there were two worlds, and both were inhabited by different races, on of witch were humans, and the other, you guessed it, monsters. They lived in harmony. In order to keep balance, each world was ruled by one of there kind. If one of the rulers died, the balance would be broken, and the 2 worlds would suddenly break apart. One day, the ruller of the monsters suddenly disappeared, breaking the balance, and the two worlds were separated. There’s more to the story, but that’s all for now. Thanks for reading!

Sounds good so far! Is there anything I am able to help with?

I’ve kind of been hiding in a corner from all of this, but I can assist anyone if needed.

Well, there actually are a few things you could help with. Ideas for different characters in the game is one thing we really need. We have all of the human characters planned out (and that’s not a big achievement considering there’s like 3) but we do need designs for monsters. Also good programs we could use for music (and how to do music on computers. I know nothing.). If you do help with anything, I will give credit where credit is needed. I’m not going to use a design that you made then say that it’s mine. Also with a lot of my ideas I get like mid way into them, then when it’s time to put effort in, I’ll stop. I’m not doing it with this though. I’ve gotten so far, it would be a waste to throw it away.

Maybe you could make a human-monster? Like they have monster powers but in human form? (Do monsters have powers?)

You could use Garage Band for the music. The apple loops would prob be a good kicking off place. If you need a bassist, tag me and I’ll see what I can do for ya.

So I guess this is a small update, so I’m not tagging anyone with it. I’m going to put it in the weakly updates. I finished 1 characters sprites. Well, idle sprites. There not moving in them so… But they actually look pretty good. Actually, I not even sure if we’re putting this character in the game, since I just recently came up with it. Also all my friends are at school and I’m sick right now so I can’t ask them what they think T-T. I do I guess I found a style that works for me. Im going to finish all the idle sprites, then the walking, then running, then any other emotions, then I have to start all over and do fighting sprites and the dialogue boxes :’). I’m going to finish it eventually though!

Just want to know what characters sound the most interesting to other people. I’m including smaller characters in this because it’s all we have

• A brave village leader (Also as of now there human)
  • A Shy but smart Cat scientist (this was the character I made sprites for.)
  • A overly protective big sister
  • A little kid who is too ambitious for his own good
  • Someone who’s only fighting because they think that’s what people expect from them
  • A protagonist (we haven’t figured out there personally yet. All we know is that there kind)

0 voters

I know it’s sounds cheesy but it’s the best way I could describe it
(And yes. I do really like polls)