Updated Project Preview Image does not change for the creator

Use this template to make awesome bug reports:

Your username: LunarEclispe

What kind of device are you using?: IPad 6th gen

1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened): I was updating a project(I actually accidently pressed update instead of publish), and the updated project showed the same drawing for me. But when I checked the web project viewer, and my other iPad, it looked entirely different

Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:
1.Update Project
2.See That The Image Doesn’t Change
….

I expected this to happen:
The Image to Change

But instead this happened:
It did, but only for other viewers.

Here’s a sweet screenshot:
Don’t got one because I already deleted the old project

Even if this isn’t a bug, I still think that you should see the same thing as your viewers.

12 Likes

It’ll change after a few days, was gonna report this, then it updated for me. My no escape 3 game was updated and stayed the same for me for abt a week :/

6 Likes

yeah
it’s weird
I updated it on hs last night
but it wasn’t updated for anyone except my original drawing was still there
and found the project updated on the viewer end today
but still no update for me

but it’s different when you’re doing a drawing because at that point you don’t know if it had changed or if it hadn’t

6 Likes

It takes time to change

3 Likes

Anyway, that’s not the point. The point is that if you post something in which the preview is the whole point of the project, and you don’t see it, it’s like you’re blindly publishing a project.

And it only updated for viewers today, and I almost guarantee that it would still take a while to update for me

4 Likes

This has happened to me, also, but I didn’t notice it really lol bc the thumbnails were similar

1 Like

Happens to me but after a day changes to normal

1 Like

Not really, it took a while for a lot of my projects to update

1 Like