Update text at wrong time

On a bunch of projects that I know hav nothing involving the update(bc I hav played them) it keeps showing the

Text

Whoops! This project was made with a newer version of hopscotch. Update now to see the awesomeness.

message.

Irrelevant but also a bit relevant

I know ur thinking “just update” but I can’t bc I’m having some Apple ID trouble.

6 Likes

Delete the app and install it again

2 Likes

No. Not. Happening.

3 Likes

That’s how it works, if you don’t do that, it won’t update.

2 Likes

I guess you want that,

2 Likes

No look at the list

3 Likes

Ok ig

2 Likes

Well some hopscotchers may have updated their projects on the latest version of Hopscotch. Not sure why you have a problem with Apple ID. Most who cannot update are on a school device with the App Store disabled (removed).

@C_t

3 Likes

Go to the App Store and reinstall the app. If you are on a school iPad, go to Self Service and reinstall it that way.

3 Likes

They can’t. They’re having problems with Apple ID…

3 Likes

How does Apple ID effect this?

3 Likes

I’m thinking you have to be connected to it to update an app, and sometimes an app will require a password to update (especially if it was downloaded from a different device).

3 Likes

A password isn’t required if you reinstall the app instead if updating it (I think).

If there is a password involved, ask your parents to find it for you @C_t

3 Likes

It technically also doesn’t require a password to update an app. Because updates are free. Once an app has updated after inputting a password the first time, it will no longer be required.

It may even have something to do with the security questions that know ones knows the answers to…

2 Likes

Yea but it still asks me

1 Like

U realize that with App Store removed it would basically b impossible to download hs

1 Like

Not really. I’m on my school iPad and my App Store is removed. I downloaded the app using a app called self service which my school uses to control what apps we can download.

Well, like DolphinGirl7 said, you can ask your parents to enter a password if they know it…

there’s no other way than updating/reinstalling through the App Store.

1 Like

That’s what I thought. It’s strange that it asks for a password. But it looks as if others have been having this same problem: