(Unofficial) Shooting Star 🌠 Game Competition June-July 2022

Sorry, but last place was @dragongirl1264
Here is how your submission ranked

Shooting Stars - ignore this by Dragongirl 1264
Keep in mind that this project was unfinished

Fun- 0/30 Points. There’s no game

Game Visuals- 22/25 Points. Really good menus that look nice.

User Interface (UI)- 15/15 Points. Amazing menus with wonderful transitions and backgrounds!

Game organization- 0/15 Points. No game

Replayability- 0/10 Points. No game once again :joy:

Learning how to Play- 1/5 Points. Theres a place for learning how to play but no text

Final Score- 38/100 Points.

3 Likes

Keep in mind that I usually am a harsh reviewer so don’t take anything personally and all of the projects were so awesome!

3 Likes

4th place was… @bobinny!
Here’s your submission ranking!

Grow by bobinny
Fun- 14/30 Points. Fun at the start but gameplay starts to feel less fun after a couple minutes.

Game Visuals- 20/25 Points. Mainly uses emojis but little detail except for the growing process but has a nice minimalistic style to make it not need as much detail.

User Interface (UI)- 10/15 Points. Nice looking but no background or depth.

Game organization- 12/15 Points. Game orginization makes sense but there seems to be no clear end point,.

Replayability- 4/10 Points. I wouldn’t really feel like I would want to play it again.

Learning how to Play- 3/5 Points. Not much info on how to play but very simple with tips to help.

Final Score- 53/100 Points.

3 Likes

Thanks for the points for game visuals and ui, and honestly the rest of the rating is really funny :joy:

3 Likes

Congrats to @keeganlightning123 for making it in 3rd place!
Here is your scoring!

Zombie Attack by Keeganlightning123
Fun- 26/30 Points. Fun gameplay but not much depth.

Game Visuals- 18/25 Points. Could be more detailed but game is still enjoyable with decent graphics.

User Interface (UI)- 5/15 Points. Alright UI but no depth or backgrounds to UI.

Game organization- 10/15 Points. Not much to be orginize but no title or end screen.

Replayability- 9/10 Points. Fun to play over and over again!

Learning how to Play- 1/5 Points. No info on how to play and mildly confusing.

Final Score- 69/100 Points.

4 Likes

2nd place goes to… @moocow!
Congrats!!
Here is the review…

Staring Contest by HRH

Fun- 25/30 Points. Fun to play and you can play multiple times without it feeling stale!

Game Visuals- 20/25 Points. Lots of drawn visuals but no backgrounds and not that much detail. (I really like the faces though lol)

User Interface (UI)- 7/15 Points. No hitbox around the “GO” button which makes it hard to click on no response for buttons.

Game organization- 14/15 Points. The order of menus makes sense but there is a bug with the “Play again?” button which messes with the order of menus shown but is not a big deal.

Replayability- 7/10 Points. Fun to play again to try to beat a new difficulty but after you beat them all there’s no major incentive.

Learning how to Play- 2/5 Points. No information on how to play but easy to understand after playing once or twice.

Final Score- 75/100 Points.

4 Likes

FIRST PLACE IS… drumroll :drum: :drum: :drum: @creationsofavillager!
Wow, I’m very impressed with this game! Even for being unfinished it still takes the cake!

Dodge THE BEAR - unfinished by Creation Productions

Fun- 22/30 Points. Pretty fun gameplay! Could use some more depth though.

Game Visuals- 18/25 Points. Could be more detailed but gets the job done and doesn’t look bad by any means.

User Interface (UI)- 12/15 Points. Good looking UI but could use a bit more polishing.

Game organization- 12/15 Points. Menus make sense but there isn’t enough

Replayability- 9/10 Points. Fun to replay again and again!

Learning how to Play- 5/5 Points. Easy to understand and very good instructions.

Final Score- 78/100 Points.

3 Likes

Thanks lol, sorry that you came in last but still a great score for a menu!

2 Likes

No, it’s fine lol, I don’t care. Everybody else’s game was either finished or almost finished anyway.

4 Likes

@StarlightStudios could you link the projects? I’d really like to give them a play!

3 Likes

Now time for the prizes!!! @me @Ntt @creationsofavillager @Dragongirl1264 @Friday @Dolphin_Blast you signed up to give prizes so please reach out to first, second, and third to provide them with the prizes! And @/Fearlesspheonix can you please give the community comp badges when you have the chance (hopefully they’re the person I’m supposed to tag)

5 Likes

They are, but since they’re on break, you can tag another mod, like @Pumpkin!

Aand for my prizes, I’m not gonna tag because you were just tagged, but congrats winners! Could you please give me your requests sometime soon?

5 Likes

Yep! Here they are;

https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/12hhj10bnx

(Not in any order)

2 Likes

Also @/leaders please don’t close this until I know people have their prizes all figured out.

3 Likes

yep, that’s the policy :)) just give us a tag when everything’s fully done

4 Likes

Ok, thanks!

2 Likes

If you were in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd please get your certificates here!
https://forum.gethopscotch.com/t/drawing-with-hopscotch-topic-2-official/60774/2942?u=starlightstudios

I would recommend putting them in your game’s thumbnail so people know that you have a good game!

3 Likes

guess these are connected! can you give me some details, who’s receiving them?

on a side note - just saw the certificates, they’re adorable!

4 Likes

Thanks! The users on the certificates are the users that need to receive the badges. (Gold is first silver for second and bronze for third please!)

2 Likes

I don’t have advanced so I can’t do better for looks but it’s happy with 3D and happy for 1st and 2st too and all of games everyone made I bet are amazeing

1 Like