(Unofficial) Hopscotch Game Jam: 2022!

This event/competition/challenge is started by me (@Cipher) and all the currencies, rewards, and prizes are handled by me, not Hopscotch. You can find other similar self-started events in the latest #competitions-and-events or #shops-and-requests topics, or even start one yourself. Because this is started by me, Hopscotch and the forum leaders are not involved or responsible in any of the transactions here.

WELCOME TO THE 2022 HOPSCOTCH GAME JAM!
Hosted by @Cipher

Has anyone ever heard of a game jam? It’s basically a contest we’re people have a very short amount of time (usually 48 hours) to create the best game they can, and sometimes the challenge has a theme, for example “Intentional Bugs” or “Hands Off” for so thing like that. I decided to host a game jam, on hopscotch! (I will try to do one of these every year…. Maybe.)

Some quick things to go over:

I’m not gonna specify EST time or whatever, because that would make it difficult.

The judging is based off of the votes of the community, so that means the more people the better!

The deadline is May 12, and you can start now!

And the theme is… drumroll please…

Memories!

Create a story driven project based on memories! It could be a game about collecting, or a game about the importance, you choose!

Here are the prizes:

1st Place :1st_place_medal: : 10 Seeds
2nd Place :2nd_place_medal: : 7 Seeds
3rd Place :3rd_place_medal: : 5 Seeds

Thank you @creationsofavillager for the prize donation :+1:

Best Concept :gem: : A Follow
Best Story :gem: : 10 Likes

Good luck, and I hope you join!

• I would like to join

0 voters

11 Likes

Hey @KingNomNom come check this out

6 Likes

Can someone make this poll public :arrow_up::arrow_up:

5 Likes

But then how would we know if we were cheating or not?

3 Likes

No one’s time zone is going to be ± 12-24 hours. Some people who’s time zone is different can work earlier or have to work later to make it fair. But they can still cheat and they are starting before it starts which is a problem.
Yet it’s already difficult enough in 2 days, which would be why they cheated. The cheaters probably couldn’t make it in time, think about them having one week to do.

4 Likes

that’s why general dates are good

example:

any time this week

instead of

2 pm

That’s just my opinion tho

5 Likes

Oh ok cool. I don’t really count 7pm as night tho… I just un-joined because 7 is the time I can generally go on hs for more than just a few minutes

4 Likes

I wouldn’t, it’s the honor system

5 Likes

@Dragongirl1264 i changed the rules a little - would you like to reconsider joining?

5 Likes

Yeah sure I’ll rejoin! But, a week isn’t that that short of a time

3 Likes

Yes but yes

… BUT YES

It’s fine, the idea is not necessarily to have a close deadline

4 Likes

Also @Henry i changed some stuff if you wanna join or something :thinking::thinking:

4 Likes

I’m extremely busy with final exams
sorry

I wish you luck :)

3 Likes

When does the competition start?

2 Likes

Right now :smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

2 Likes

@Bobinny @Dragongirl1264 @Wally make sure not to put your username in your projects - i am trying to keep the votes anonymous :+1::+1:

2 Likes

i don’t think it’s important bc we can access who created the game lol

3 Likes

I am going to try to make a story, does the story have to be a book or a animation.

3 Likes

Hi there, I would like to give prizes out to first, second and third places!
First = 10 seeds
Second = 7 seeds
Third = 5 seeds
@Cipher

2 Likes

Can I remix another project? I was going to remix Creations Of a Noob’s Book project and write my own story. Is that allowed?

3 Likes