Type-Based Programming Topic! (Official)

coding
othercodinglanguages
official
luna_was_here
opentopicforeveryone

He also thought that gentoo was the best thing ever but that was just another phase he grew out of
Don’t worry he’ll grow out of this one too

Raspberry pi3 that yes that

The gentoo thing was clearly satire, and this is partially satire, but cannot deny that lisp is one of the most elegant systems of computation.

To fully understand lisp, one does not simply “use it a few times.”
One must take the time to understand the beauty of the S-expressions evaluating in a concise, simple, yet with still great beauty and depth.
Here’s a webcomic strip from xkcd that non-lispers can use to gauge the beauty of the language.

Yohagtbfrikidmhegoticaperfrigeahahatkinsonansticalowedingkineootveu?
I’m honored by the fact that you think I’m so super smart, I need a comic book to help me “understand the full meaning of lisp”, oh your “superior” highness.

Go on, flag me if you want.
I am sorry for any offense I may have caused you, you “absolute, supremeness”

I forgive you, though I must inform you that you seem to have forgotten a period.
Please remember to use proper punctuation at all times, at is important for making your message clear and getting your message across.

Liineyoforgivhaenessuredke
Inogodanytywasdewifriitkinthalontahingonnatm

You seem to have forgotten a period yet again.
Please remember to use proper punctuation at all times, at is important for making your message clear and getting your message across.

May.dow.atgm.mes.accr.osssa.geyeto.ntntibe
B.ut .you ne.eda chi.ll

A.nd Z.an.e has. a go.od point.

Imagine if you could code the Arduino/raspberry pi3 with hopscotch

O.O
That. Would. Be. So. Super. Cool.
Y’know what, I’m actually gonna do something like that.
Nice idea, I’ll give you cred if you want

Yes do that gimme da credit OR ELSE…;]

That would be cool!
In fact, there is a block-based software for programming Arduino in Tinkercad, and on the side it shows you the literal type-based code…

Note; this and Jello’s post follows the topic’s rules, since it is interesting to code an Arduino in (whichever programming language Hopscotch uses [C++???])

Lisp is such a weird language. My friends and I always laugh when we see a big project coded in lisp, but then we actually dive into the repo, and my god… so… elegant…

One of the most humbling experiences of my life was looking at the official Lisp OpenGL library. I was so snarky about it and then I acutually looked at some code examples and I was hit with the realization that it’s actually much, much easier and simpler than how you use it in Java or C…

Ocaml=Best Language though

Happy birthday @BB-Box!!! (I know this is not the correct topic to say it but whatever :D )

Okay, so sorry everyone who was expecting the code on Github. I am going to create a Github (since my current one is set for school) now and I will upload it.

Type-Based Programming Topic Tag List

If you want to join, please go to this post and add yourself there.

@LunaMorgana387
@BB-Box
@FearlessPhoenix
@William04GamerA
@TheAmazingJello
@memorablechickenyay
@Petrichor

Thank you a lot :DDD

Revives topic
I thought this topic was going to be more alive
Aaaaaaaanyway
My new Github account (sorry for the delay; blame me, my school and my laziness)

Type-Based Programming Topic Tag List

If you want to join, please go to this post and add yourself there.

@LunaMorgana387
@BB-Box
@FearlessPhoenix
@William04GamerA
@TheAmazingJello
@memorablechickenyay
@Petrichor

If I am tagging too much the list, just tell me…

What is hopscotch coded in?

@CodeHelp

I think it is C++, though the webplayer is javascript