Twilightawesome2 is new to the forum!

Hello, I’m twilight i honestly don’t know how to do this but I need help thx bye

Hi! Welcome to the forum! This is a place to talk about coding and Hopscotch, and get to know each other!

I suggest you read the community guidelines to get a sense of what’s allowed :DD

Tag me by doing @treefrogstudios if you ever need help :)

Hi! Here’s a little essay that I wrote for new forumers:

Welcome!

It's a delight to have new forumers come! To get started, browse through some of the topics that have already been created to see what the forum is all about.

Things to remember about topics

Since you've made this topic, you know how to create a topic -- that's good news! Creating topics gives you the power to ask questions about coding! You can also make clubs and collaborations, and get feedback or help with your projects. There *are* guidelines for making topics, though -- here are the main ones, to set you in the right direction.
  • Always make topics relating to
    *coding
    *creativity
    *or hopscotch
  • If you like to get input on your projects, consider making a topic specifically for that, versus making a new topic each time that you want to get suggestions
  • SBYP, or search before you post. Sometimes when you have a question, it has already been answered! Try searching through topics by clicking the :mag: icon up at the top of the page.

How to be a helpful Hopscotcher

When you are on other people's topics -- whether you are helping them out or simply chatting with others (or even learning from others), remember to always be cordial and kind. Even if someone disagrees with you, be respectful of their opinion, and discuss civilly, not irrationally or heatedly. Also, remember to keep your discussion on-topic -- if you're in a coding collaboration, remember to only discuss that coding collaboration, not anything else. Same goes for any other topic.

Places to go when you don't have any ideas for what to code

Sometimes, no matter how great a coder you are, you just don't have any ideas of *what* to make! In that case, check out these links.

Rawrbear’s list is an impressively long source of inspiration!

My list is one that anyone can add to – it’s constantly changing.

http://forum.gethopscotch.com/t/the-are-a-bunch-of-things-to-do-here-defeating-creativities-enemy/37522?u=wynterdiamond&source_topic_id=38295
This is Yusamac205’s topic of creativity – it has a lot of fun things other than coding ideas!

Forum abbreviations

• OMTL: Official Mass Tag List
  • THT: The Hopscotch Team
  • WIP: Work In Progress
  • AI: Artificial Intelligence
  • RN: Right Now
  • IRL: In Real Life

This is currently a work in progress – you can help out by adding more sections or suggesting sections. I will credit you! Thank you!

Wow so many new people

On my gosh u ppl are amazing hope I have a good time on here!

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Thanks! You are so nice!

That is really good to hear.
You seem nice too, and it’s really nice of you saying that you think that I am nice! :slight_smile:

If you know how to like posts please tell me I will like some of your posts!

Click the heart button beneath their post.

Like @OnceUponATime said, click on the button that looks like a heart. It is located here:

Tap on the like button to like or unlike the post or the topic that the button is located at. The like button will become red (or actually most pink/purple) when you have liked the post or topic. If the post or topic isn’t liked, the button will be grey. Every time that someone likes your posts, you will get a notification (if you haven’t turned off that in the settings) You can also tap on the text that tells you how many likes that a particular post or topic has gotten to see all the users that have liked it.

I hope that this is helpful!

Is there a way I could friend Simone because I want to hang out with you because your so nice!

I suppose that you mean “someone” here. It’s probably autocorrect that changed it.

If you are talking to me, then thank you so much! This really means a lot to me and made my day (and it’s totally okay if you didn’t talk about me.)

You can be friends with people here on the forum. There isn’t a way to “friend” an account other than talking to each other and considering each other as friends. The best way of talking to a Hopscotcher is to talk in their general topic. A general topic is a topic that you can make and it should be mostly about coding talk. You can also use the topic “Talk to A Hopscotcher” to talk to others. Here are some general topics:
http://forum.gethopscotch.com/t/william04gameras-general-topic/19923?u=william04gamera&source_topic_id=38295

http://forum.gethopscotch.com/t/fearlesss-general-topic---fp-is-best-fp-is-amazing-cwab-gz-kayro-themasterofairjitzu-kvj-and-xman-agree/31816?u=william04gamera&source_topic_id=38295

Here is the “Talk to a Hopscother” topic:
http://forum.gethopscotch.com/t/talk-to-a-hopscotcher-iii/26953?u=william04gamera&source_topic_id=38295

Just tap on the blue text to open the topics.

Ooohh! I love new forumers! Want to be friends? Do you like Harry Potter? I’m kind of obsessed even though I’m only on the fourth book. Enjoy your stay!
My general topic: http://forum.gethopscotch.com/t/i-got-regular-ayayayayayyayaya-milkypup-s-general-topic/37630/155

Yes I was talking about you and thank you for telling me this!

Thank you so much then! This made my day! I am glad that I could help you.

Why my GT? Especially because no one uses it? Feels kinda out of the blue, ya know? I’m fine it with but just wondering…

I just included some random general topics that I found.

Welcome to the forum! It’s amazing here and I’m sure you’ll have an awesome time!

Happy foruming(is that a thing)