Turn a value negative without changing the value?

hopscotch
holidays
equations
values
helpwithcode

For my first Christmas project, I was going to make a snowflake with options to change the length and spot. So, I was tweaking with what I did at first. But, then it HIT me.

How was I supposed to turn the number in the value negative without changing the value? you maybe wondering, "What?" Well, you know how you can set something to a value divided by 2 without changing the value by pulling out a division block? Well, can I do something like that to turn the value negative.

Example: Let's say the value is 5. But I want -5, without changing the value. Equation? HELP

Just multiply it by -1.

@Valgo let me try.......
OT WORKS THANKS

I learned that in math... I'm in algebra.

Same! :yum:

Or do the long way, and subtract the number by the number, and subtract that by the regular number. An alternative if you ever forget that one, but probably won't happen.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

@GiraffeProductions why is this on my topic? Sorry, but that is just advertisement. Flagged as spam.

Double Same! (Algebra 1 :P)

because your talking about Christmas and I have a Christmas contest for people to enter and create Christmas stuff

This topic is temporarily closed due to a large number of community flags.

This is a tricky topic! And why do these always get opened and never replied to again? @AmazingAlphaAquaWolf another old thread xD

How do you find these XD

Look at the suggested topics in da bottom!

Some are already solved by then….
And hey look, I posted here!

This is a great question :smiley: It re-appeared in my Suggested Topics under #help :stuck_out_tongue: and I have more things to add for other people wondering!

You could also do (value ÷ -1) or (0 - value)

I noticed that if you tap the - button on the number pad, it will make positive numbers negative, and negative numbers positive.