Trust Level Requirements

That isn’t what I meant.

On discourse it was mentioned that in designing the trus levels there is potentially a period of time that must pass before a user goes up a level not the reverse. Like you couldn’t go basic to member to regular is a few days… like how I just did.

My query seems to have answered itself. Perhaps there is still a period of time where it is impossible to get ‘upgraded’ a trust leveI but it isn’t what I expected it to be (potentially a month)

4 Likes

But the whole grace period thing is mentioned here, and it doesn’t mention it applying to all trust levels, as TL3 is the only status you can lose…

(Note: the topic doesn’t exist anymore, but that doesn’t mean the stuff about it has changed or is no longer valid)

3 Likes

Sorry maybe I’m miscommunicating something or I’m not reading what you are saying right.
I am talking about not being able to advance to a higher trust Ievel because you recently advanced a trust leveI.

I am not referring to:

1. The grace period of 2 weeks where TL3 cannot be demoted to member
  2. Demotion of a trust Ievel at all
  3. Moving trust Ievels from regular to member

I am talking about progressing to a higher trust Ievel.

Now maybe what I read on said discourse topic was more related to if a user had prior records of suspension or trust Ievel lockage but what I believe to have read was…
a user CANNOT be promoted a trust leveI if they have recently been promoted a trust leveI
…as in if you got member on Monday, you cannot be given regular on Tuesday.

Now maybe I’m making stuff up and whatnot but this is what I have been talking about when I say “grace period” or whatever.

3 Likes

Things might be slightly different here compared to discourse (even though this forum was made by discourse).

Or maybe the period where users can be promoted any higher after gaining a higher trust level is one week :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

this is not a thing – when we first unlocked your TL, you were under the post reading requirements for TL3, so that is why you weren’t promoted right away (not because of a recent TL promotion).

5 Likes

I suppose checking the updated hs forum requirements wouldve probably been better than the discourse requirements that are linked theough the badges themselves

7 Likes

Silly little question, but how close am I to re-re-re-regular?

4 Likes

helo! i’m asking this on the behalf of @moonkitty. she has fulfilled the requirements to get the “basic” tl, [& has gotten it], but is telling me through the app that the forum isn’t letting her post normally. any ideas why?

3 Likes

Maybe the forum just glitched out for her… as there’s no reason why she can’t post at all.

Or maybe she didn’t type enough characters to be able to post (minimum limit of 10 characters)…

3 Likes

well now i feel bad for the poor fella

2 Likes

The most logical thing to ask is if the editor window is even appearing for her. And if so, what error did she get when attempting to post?

3 Likes
2 Likes

That’s odd.

Maybe she needs to email tht about it?

1 Like

There’s only one explanation for this: She’s just straight up unlucky.

Maybe she could try restarting her device… but I’m not sure if that’ll help at all.

2 Likes

hahahaha i have power

3 Likes

How close am I to regular?

I just want a starting point

5 Likes

im not a mod, but i think youll quickly reach regular by posting a bit more! since one of the requirements are posting and you ofc didnt post much yet for a while lol

but for more concrete stats, you gotta wait for a mod :))

5 Likes

literally just reply to 6 more topics

4 Likes

Thank you :pray:

6 Likes

Re-asking the question

6 Likes