Trouble with the Width and Height Block [SOLVED]

So I had this circle and set the width to 100, and the height to 100. The outcome was not what I expected. Instead of being a circle, it was an ellipse! Can someone please explain to me how the width and height block works, and maybe what the default widths and heights for the shapes are?

3 Likes

screenshotting code might help

2 Likes

Err…to do that, I’d have to take the screenshot, then hook up the computer to the iPad and figure out how to put the pic onto my reply. Besides, that’s not really the problem (if I understood how this block works, I think I can figure out why that happens). All I want to know is how the width and height works.

2 Likes

Link to project?
If it’s a draft, I hope you know you can also access forum on iPad

Hmm… just an HS circle with one block of code?

2 Likes

I’m restricted by my parents to use the internet on the iPad, unfortunately.

2 Likes

So the forum is not whitelisted on that?

2 Likes

What do you mean?

2 Likes

So your parents filtered out the forum on your iPad but not the computer… odddddddd

2 Likes

I don’t own the computer. It’s my parents’. I’m just using it. They restricted me from using internet on the iPad because they can’t very easily monitor what I do on there–at least, not as easily as they can on the computer. But that is not the problem. The problem is that I don’t understand how the width and height block works, and I want to conveniently use it without having to go through trial and error every time.

2 Likes

K, got it.
What is the code in your project?

Wait nvm. I think I know. @Fenith

You seem to be having a different shape set image to circle then your try to do set width and height. That won’t work because the set width and height is based off of the editor’s sprite (image or object), then it scales to the shape

2 Likes

I want to make sure I correctly understand that. So let’s say I have a plain text, then have it set image to circle and set width and height to, say, 100. It won’t work because the width and height is based off of what it originally was (that is, the plain text)?

2 Likes

That is correct, it would look like an egg

2 Likes

Okay. I understand now. Thank you so much for dealing with me. I really appreciate it :slight_smile:
Uhh…I’m going to close the topic now if that’s fine with you.

2 Likes

Sure, but I gotcha

@SuperGirl3Acer clive

2 Likes
closed #15
archived #16