Trail draws more than it should

Use this template to make awesome bug reports:

Your username: Mr. Incognito

What kind of device are you using?: (Also include iOS version, and Hopscotch version): iPad 5th gen, ipados 15.5, hs 3.50.5

1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened): i was coding a pixel art and there was a bug with trail

Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:

1. use thin trails stacked on top of each other like in this example:
    Bug by Mr. Incognito

I expected this to happen: no lines between trails

But instead this happened: lines between trails

Here’s a sweet screenshot:

its very annoying when trying to do pixel art

8 Likes

Yes, I’ve experienced this before, I had to move one pixel (so like 10 if that was the pixel size) forward at the start of each line then it was fine. No idea why it does it.

Edit- actually I was thinking of something else, but this is still strange.

9 Likes

This is related, and is also an annoyance when trying to make pixel art.

The width of trail is the same as the distance between the lines, but there’s a thin line in between each one.

10 Likes

I think part of the issue is that when a trail is an odd number of pixels wide, the position might be “between pixels” at times. Does setting the width to 6 change that at all? (I know it doesn’t solve the problem, but I wonder if that could be the cause)

^^ @Nobody I think this might be the same cause for your bug but there really isn’t a way to work around having a width of 1 either

7 Likes

yep, all even numbers work fine

5 Likes

yep can confirm this

think it has something to do with positioning always rounding (someone said something about this in the yctahh but i cant find it) and i think fixing that could fix this

only started maybe 1-2 updates ago if thats helpful

7 Likes