Top 3 Unused Blocks

hopscotch

Thanks :wink: I can make a tutorial on how to use Sin/Cos in Hopscotch if you want.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I chose this list because I'm used to use the trail and width blocks a lot

I actually disagree, a lot of peeps use sin/cos and the last two are actually my most two! :joy: xD
(no offense :wink:)

No problem :smiley: feel free to disagree or agree or even put your own list of unused blocks

Mine would be:
1) Change Trail Color/Width/Clear- All of these are pretty much useless when not making a drawing pad
2) Turn- This may surprise some of you but I prefer to use the Set Angle block as it works faster than the turn block. If you have been taught angles in math, I would recommend using Set Angle instead of Turn as it makes the project look more clean and professional
3) Change Pose- I hardly ever use the Hopscotch Characters in projects and this one doesn't do anything aside from that :wink:

I disagree with you on the first one but the rest I agree with turn and change pose.

Mine are:

1. Change Trail Color and Width: I can just get a new Leave a Trail block and add them there.
  2. Grow and Shrink by: Set Size is the same, and has a smaller chance of creating a blurry object than these.
  3. Clear or Change Pose: Clear's only a little useful, because you can use Leave a Trail to replace it if you're not feeling lazy, and I only use Change Pose for movies or something of the like.

1) Clear- just use a white trail...
2) Change Pose- never used this, I actually don't like using characters.
3) Set Angle- I dunno, I prefer a Set Speed and a Turn. Force of habit.

I use 2 and 1 often, I just use 1 with leave a trail when I'm too lazy to pull out Change X By. (Which is most of the time.)

I guess I use sin and cos often. Ever since I've learned to use it. I use move forward occasionally and repeat also.

I rarely use... Hmm.

Most of the blue blocks
Bring to front
Set Pos
Flip
Turn
Set Angle

I don't really agree...I use those blocks ALOT theses Are some blocks I don't use:
•Flip
•Set angle
•The abilitys it comes with
I just realised my first PROJECT didn't have abilities!

I disagree with all but the Sin/Cos. Ok I was just stating my opinion.

I never use:
Sin/Cos (I'm a 4th grader soooo)
Shrink and Grow By (It's too confusing and weird)
Clear, Change Trail Color and Width (Just use normal Leave A Trail's!!!"
Not Equal To (It's just.......can't you just use a check if else, which will do something if it's equal, and if it's not?)

That's about it.

Lol. First of all Sin and Cos is most useful block in Hopscotch in my opinion :wink: Move forward isn't just a copy of change x and y. If you need to move your character a certain angle, it is very useful! Repeat is VERY useful for clones just because you don't want the clones to lagg everything.

Just learn fromFunky! :wink:

I think that powers and squares are used less commonly than sin and cos!

Hmm.. Let me see
I don't understand sin and cos much, but, tbh, A LOT of Hopscotchers do, so I wouldn't really call it unused.
Repeat is one of my favorite blocks, personally. Repeat forever can get SUPER laggy, plus a lot of projects do need it to repeat a very certain number of times.
I gotta agree with you on move forward, I would rather use change x and y by. :slight_smile: