Too many General Topics?

Disclaimer: This is just an opinion. If you get offended by opinions easily, please leave this topic now...

I've been gone for 6 months (now that I think about it, I should stop ranting about by 6 months break)...

Before I left, this forum was filled with helpful topics.

Topics about ideas, topics about "How-Tos", but after 6 months, all I see are "so-and-so's General Topic", "It's my Anniversary" topics, and really few Collaborations...

What happened that caused this massive explosion of General Topics?

What happened to the useful and productive people/topics?

I mean, I'm fine with the main (old and new) Drawing topics, and the Music topics. But the main focus here is General Topics.

All I see are spams and spams in these General Topics.

Why can't we have one General Topic, just like the original Drawing topic...

There's nothing wrong with General Topics, there's nothing wrong with it...

But it's both the number of these kinds of topics and the content of what's going on in it...

Have you ever thought about it?

Our feelings on forum and ideas/wishes for it
Community Noticeboard (unofficial) Week 02/12/17

Yes.
I dont really enter the general topics. I ignore them really.
I only have links to my projects or tagging a specific hopscotcher for a question in mine.
There fine as long as they are mostly related to hopscotch

This happened when THT loosened the off-topic rule. They loosened that rule because of them removing all of the mods, but I forget why exactly, eheh.

Point is, when they loosened the off-topic rule, the forum went totally haywire with off-topic conversations. Unfortunately, it's hard to find good coding topics now, which stinks a lot.

Yeah, I miss all the coding
It's still nice to talk but still not much coding
I did a coding challenge
No one is interested
;0;

Exactly! No one's interested in Hospcotch coding stuff nowadays.

We need to promote HS coding role models like @Intellection74, @GysvANDRegulus and @CreativeCoder. These active Hopscotchers are amazing at what they do in HS; if we get some innovative Hopscotchers famous on the forum, people could maybe try to compete with them. ^^

I mean, it's 2:42 AM over here, therefore my logic could be total garbage right now, but you know what I mean

Kudos to @aabb1111 with his/her Unidonut collab hosted here on the forum as well :smiley:

eh
this is what the forum is now

ya cant change it

Yeah!
We need to make coding bigger on the forum!
Somehow...
But good post! :3

Scroll to 0:22. :p

You won't get attention to your projects straight away. You have to promote the MusicPad in some way so people see it.

I saw it, by the way. It's amazing. ^^

I saw nothing there.

You've definitely been a big inspiration to me. The problem is, you and other inspiring users don't inspire the average coder to code as much as dedicated coders could be. It's not because of what you or others do to be inspiring, it's the fact that no one is inspired to code in the first place.

This forum has become totally off-topic, with hundreds (yes, I'm not kidding) of miscellaneous topics becoming the primary content of this forum instead of coding. Practically no one asks for ideas anymore, either. Back six months ago, people would be reminded to "SBYP" or "Search Before You Post" for ideas instead of making entirely new topics, this being the case for a lot of other code-related problems. Now, even if there are coding topics made, I always find myself replying with the useful answer instead of others.

Here's a good example:

^^ If you read the topic, you'll understand my point more clearly. I've also seen coding help topics with no replies on them before, to my demise.

OMTL

I have seen people complain about The Mass Tag list currently in use, and we need new guidelines.

Please, copy directly off of this topic when using the Mass Tag list. It will annoy you, I know, but it will constantly change.

Here are the new guidelines for adding and using the mass tag list.

Add yourself only Do not add other people to the mass tag list. I'll see all of the edits, so I'll correct you if you added someone else's name, on accident or on purpose.

Don't use the tag list in all of your topics We shouldn't be using the mass tag list in every single topic we or another person creates. It is annoying to have to scroll through that, and it doesn't contribute to the discussion.

Always use the current version Again, people will leave or take their name off of the list. Please always use the current version so we don't have to deal with people getting angry.

Please don't tamper with this list It gets annoying when someone destroys something. So please don't tamper with the tag list.

Only use this list for things you can contribute to It gets annoying being tagged for smol potatoes. Things like projects and questions about rules create discussions, things like drawings don't.

Try to put the list in a dropdown folder The list is getting pretty long, so please try to put in in a folder.

Put the list in the first post, or the one to bring attention to It's annoying to scroll up just to see what the user wanted you to see, so if you're bringing attention to the topic, put it in the first post

If you have any other guidelines you would like to have, add them here :wink:

Edit your name to this tag list.

tag list

List (100 tags)
@BB-Box
@Artistic_cat
@Allyb
@ArtyAnimal
@AvocadoDont
@AwesomeNachos
@Awesome_giraffe
@BaconStudios
@BerryFOX
@BlastFusion
@BubblegumCupcakeMix
@ButterBark
@celine
@ChocolateFox
@CodePerfect
@codingkit
@ColourfulBlack
@ConnellCoder
@CreationsOfaNoob
@cupcakemaniac1
@Cutedolphin
@DatKawaiiPillow
@DECODECO
@DiamondDragon
@diss_track_queen
@DMF
@Dolphin_coders
@DragonMc
@Dylan329
@EmojiArts
@EmojisRUs
@Explorer_
@FascinatingTreehouse
@FluffyMarshmellow
@FoodDelivery
@FreshGuppy
@FunkyGoldfish
@GiraffeProductions
@GLaDOS_On_Da_Forum
@Goku
@Gondor_is_lost
@Goobrgrlrye
@happy12345678910
@HappyPerson
@Himynameismeredith1
@Houseelf87
@IKeudin
@ILoveFashion12
@Jess888
@JojoDude
@JonnyGamer
@KawaiiHotDog
@kenlauescuadro
@KoolM123
@kubajr
@Kosho
@KVJ
@LavenderArts
@Mei-The-Riolu
@MiNi
@Mothwolf
@Murphy1
@Mr.rex
@NeoPixel
@Petrichor
@Paige1212
@Paydent12
@PerfectPanda24
@PianoGorilla2006
@PIANOMAN
@Pink_Roses
@Potter_Head
@PumpkinGirl
@Puppylulu
@PurpleStorybook
@Rainboom
@RubyStars
@RubyWolf1
@ScarySweetheart
@Sensei_Coder
@Silverdolphin
@SnowGirl_Studios
@sophia71205
@Skyarmygenral
@StarryDream
@StarKid
@shamrockcat
@Steelhooves
@StRiKe_Charler123
@Strongerthanyou
@Sugarisyummy
@treefrogstudios
@TrevCoding
@Valgo
@ValueGamesStudio
@Vortex.inc
@waddlemarco
@WasIdealessHere
@WhiteFeathers
@William04GamerA
@Yellow_Mellow
@YuxinaYammy
@Zachyswag
@Work_kids_coding
@Rider
@UnderagedCoder1
Get the latest list here: http://forum.gethopscotch.com/t/official-mass-tag-list-omtl/16843

Hi, all.

I believe this topic proves a very valid point. Please read through it; I would also love it if you all would read the replies as well. :)

The topic of Hopscotch coding help in general attracts little to no attention from forum users. How ironic is that?

Irony at it's best...

WE WILL MAKE THE FORUM GREAT AGAIN

Now that, boys and girls, is a valid slogan..

if you want to code so badly find a better coding software.

I kinda feel like this is aimed at me.

Plus I think I'm way to off topic.
And I don't really talk about HS much.
Anyway I sometimes post things saying 'Coding block! I need ideas' in my general topic but nobody sees the post.

My general topic is mostly related, I use it to talk about coding and animation and drawing and other tech stuff. I do have other conversations in it but it stays on topic most of the time ;D

This topic isn't aimed at one person.. D=

In fact, it's an opinion. There's nothing wrong in General Topics, but the idea here is, Why is there so many general topics? Why can't there be one topic?

It's okay to disagree opinions...

There no right or wrong opinions...

One topic will clog up more easily

I think (I doubt it will ever happen) that there should be two tabs. One is 100% HS related stuff, and the other is for off topic stuff such as general topics.