Title character limit

If someone made a project with this, they could just name it something shorter, like “Space Apololypse” or “The Patrollers of Space.” I find all that other stuff to be unnecessary in the title.

2 Likes

But you’re not always in charge. You can’t control what other people do.

2 Likes

well itd be hard to find if it were at the end of a mega long title

3 Likes

I think that would be nice, but if the character limit was at the level where it blocked spam, but allowed projects with long title names to pass through.

4 Likes

If that’s the only issue, then you can simply not add the word “Remix” if it’s ends with “Remix” already.

1 Like

as others said before, people can put inappropriate words in the middle of a very long title so it isn’t seen

1 Like

I’m pretty sure words in the title also get checked with the filter, as I learned that even words in the UUID get checked with the filter.

Like, if you titled your project “Not awhiteboardtesting Project”, I am pretty sure that would get filtered.

See, there are benefits and drawbacks with having a limit, and it does seem pretty reasonable here considering that titles are better as short anyways.

1 Like

It might get filtered that way, but by dotting it like this “Not awhiteb.oardtesting Project” you can bypass the filter.

5 Likes

Yeah that’s true. Thanks for reminding me about that.

4 Likes

True. Most things have pros and cons.

The first one is actually not filtered.

3 Likes

I’m paranoid. XD I dot everything that has even a slight possibility of maybe getting filtered.

4 Likes

Wait what I mean is the first one is not filtered in the app.

4 Likes

Yeah, I know that now, but like I said, I’m paranoid because I can’t remember what gets filtered or not so I dot it anyway.

4 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: You Can Talk About Your Hopscotch Coding Here 14 [OFFICIAL]

OH, OK! awesome

So far

9 votes for no limit
8 votes for 50
1 vote for 100

Which means 9 favor “no limit” and 9 favor having a limit.

I wonder if the limit will actually be implemented sometime in the future. It’s all THT’s decision…

3 Likes

I should’ve said:

If I was in charge, I would make the user who put the inappropriate word in the title see a pop-up that says,

“Your project contains a word that’s not allowed: Insert word here
You will be the only one able to see it.”

3 Likes

Yeah, that would be helpful. @Ana, this guys got ideas /\

1 Like

If you were in charge, would the project be filtered because of it or no?

2 Likes

Yes, it would be filtered.

3 Likes