a title character limit would be nice, so we can’t do this

13 Likes
  1. Why is the title blurred
  2. This would be cool
  3. But might get in the way sometimes
6 Likes

secret project

indeed it would

wdym? if someone manages to make a project have a title with 50 meaningful characters I’d love to see that

3 Likes
  1. Why did you type “remix” a bunch of times? I only had one “remix” on there when I remixed it, and you only remixed the draft once, right?
  2. I agree with Dragongirl. This could get in the way.
2 Likes

Oh.
Maybe change it to this @Nobody?

3 Likes

so I could make this topic because the title has already gotten long because of that

how?

@Awesome_E what did you say? was there a way to remove markup?

4 Likes

you can? I can’t…

3 Likes

Invert the colors on your iPad.

2 Likes

You probably had 0.8 opacity on, but because the text is black too, you likely didn’t notice.

2 Likes

o

wish I could edit it…

1 Like

Ask a lead maybe

@leaders (sorry for tagging everyone, no one is on) can one of you guys edit this image in place of the current one? thanks

2 Likes

You can turn up the brightness on the image and see through the black scribbling on the markup

2 Likes

I think maybe 50 letters is a good limit.

Say someone is going to do the song
“supercalifragilisticexpialidocious“ in HS with the piano notes, then I think it’s meaningful as a title because that is what the project is all about. (There are 34 letters in it by the way).

3 Likes

Yeah. I have to shorten my project’s title as much as I can to make it fit in the given space in the published projects and hence just publish and unpublish a project a few times, with a shorter title every publish-ment-ation.
Sadly Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu probably won’t fit in 50 letters.

2 Likes

Good point.

Maybe 75?

This is harder than I thought.

I’ll make a poll because it might be helpful in determining what to execute and we will find out what the majority finds ideal.
——————————————————
What should be the character limit for project titles?
(If you vote “others” you may state what you think is a good limit.)

• Others
  • No limit

0 voters

I personally don’t have a strong opinion yet. I’m still thinking about it carefully.

3 Likes

Honestly if you need a title longer than 50 characters, you should consider finding another because it won’t fit anyways.

2 Likes

my point exactly lol

1 Like

I still don’t have a strong opinion but I’m leaning slightly to “no limit”.

So that I will further understand and make up my mind entirely, what exactly are the disadvantages of long titles?

What happens if we are able to do that “remix remix…” thing?

1 Like

if someone remixed the project and wanted to change the title it would be extremely annoying

1 Like