Thumbnails For Seed Purchases

A feature I’d like to see in Hopscotch is: Thumbnails for the Request Seed Block

I’d use it for this type of project: My Secret Game

Here are some examples of Hopscotch code that could be improved if we had this: seeing what you’d get

Here is an example design I’ve made:

I’ve seen something similar in another programming languages, it looks like this:

16 Likes

You can make a design to showcase what you get if you decide to purchase it. The name you give your products will show as that name when you begin to purchase it.

So you can make a design like that in HS and tell the user what they’ll get if they want to buy it, then they can confirm the purchase and the purchase will be requested. Like in Spy Guy’s seed project where it gives you an idea of what’s included, and tells them to type “yes” to buy.

17 Likes

This would be cool but you could just have a picture above the button that makes the thing pop up.

8 Likes

Hmm…I’m not exactly understanding—could you explain a bit further? My tired brain isn’t exactly comprehending everything at the moment haha.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure he means that when the “are you sure you want to purchase __ for __ seeds” you can also make a picture pop up in that. So you get a preview of whatever u r buying.

5 Likes

Ah, so instead of Chillana, a picture of the product your buying? That’d be nice.

7 Likes

Yes.
Please.
YES
PLEASE

6 Likes

why? you can code it yourself

i did the same thing in the game you’re helping designing levels

This is for the HS seed confirmation that shows a Chillanna picture every time

6 Likes

not a seed dev, but do agree w this. chillana doesn’t fit for every game and purchase

3 Likes

You can upload a picture for there and it will show that

2 Likes

yes, and you can code it yourself with every information you wanna add, and at the end add a little button that shows the request seed menu.

1 Like

that’s the menu that @Jay wants to be able to customize – not adding a new menu

as in, instead of showing Chillanna, it would show the custom image

The thing is, no matter how much you code your own menus, there’s no getting around this non-customizable popup, and as far as I know this is what the feature suggestion is: to be able to customize this menu so that not every purchase looks the same

meaning, with the feature suggestion added, you could get something more like this:

4 Likes

That’s The goal

2 Likes

how about picture filters? will the images be moderated manually?

2 Likes

It will have the same moderation as the block, as the block gets moderated it will review the image

2 Likes