THT should review custom images before a project gets published

A change I’d like to see in Hopscotch is that THT reviews custom images before a project gets published.

Getting a project in the filter is often very frustrating - in fact, it is even more for people who are planning on a timed release, and then at the last second they realize they have custom pictures in their project and must wait for THT to approve it. They’d then miss the exact time when the project is out and all the reactions from the community, maybe they’re eating, sleeping, or simply not online. For other people who are asking for help in their code on the forum, they can’t even get a help within 2 hours [1]. Having THT unfilter project after a project gets published is very complicated and not at all convenient.

What I suggest as a non-costly solution [2] is to review all custom pictures before a project gets published. Like this, everybody can have their project unfiltered before it gets published!

However, every solution has their compromises - by reviewing custom pictures while it’s in the draft, we forgot the fact people can modify pictures after being added. That means THT would have review more pictures than there are. But talking about stats, i have no clue if nobody does that, or everybody does this. I personally don’t, if you want my opinion.

Thanks a lot for reading and I hope this suggestion is a pretty interesting one! I’d love to see this being implemented in Hopscotch, or anything similar that allows us to have our projects out of filter more easily and quickly!

- Your friendly local train company :steam_locomotive:

edit:

1. THT often unfilter project +2 hours after it gets published (business days) ↩︎

2. most people suggest to have more unfilter people, but i don’t fully agree with them ↩︎

3. and also pi, but it’s not the point of this paragraph ↩︎

22 Likes

This is interesting, but I think I need a more in depth explanation.
You don’t have to though. I’ll probably figure it out soon.

7 Likes

Ooh, really interesting idea! So if I’m reading your post right, it’d go like this:

1. You add custom images to a draft
  2. You exit that draft and images are uploaded as usual
  3. Moderators review the images
  4. You work on the draft
  5. You publish the project, and now all custom images have already been approved
14 Likes

yep! it works the same, the only difference is when THT are reviewing our images

11 Likes

But what if the project is never published… it would be too much extra work for the hopscotch team

7 Likes

yep, I’m aware that could happen

fallacy

one extra argument i didn’t thought of while writing the OP is the reason why THT choose to review images - they avoid having children looking at inappropriate pictures [1]. this is an app mostly for children, and by reviewing pictures before a project gets published would makes sure the draft owner is “safe” in some way; they dont get exposed too long in front of their own imported violence scenes or any other inappropriate scenes that i think you can guess. Some are really young and don’t necessarily understand it’s inappropriate, and having THT review images the earlier the possible has that advantage too.

1. and also pi, but it’s not the point of this paragraph ↩︎

8 Likes

yes, maybe there could be a compromise so this

wouldnt be a problem, theyd be reviewed as normal but wont publish right away when theyre approved, there will be a button to publish after theyve been reviewed

7 Likes

i like that, i think thats the most viable change.

11 Likes

Same, I don’t like the idea that tht is actively reviewing projects without my direct permission, on that note all this would do is clarify the reviewing process and streamline it

11 Likes

maybe they could use a cls (computer learning system)?

7 Likes

that would be extremely hard to teach it a long list of different things

8 Likes

theres pre existing open source systems made for simular issues

7 Likes

I was thinking some thing like that, kinda like when you upload an image a robot checks if it’s ok? And if it’s on or it’s unsure it will get reviewed by THT. It would be hard to implement but would fix this issue and make it a lot easier for THT

5 Likes

I think that is how to filter works

3 Likes

true but its not a 100% that the ai wont mistake random things for inappropriate content, vice versa

in fact its kind of a low chance, ~80 percent probably

5 Likes

nop, everything is manual

^^^ agree

5 Likes

I personally agree with this
Since it takes hours to load up sometimes and some projects are still updating

5 Likes

Ok, but it sort of makes a problem where if they never exit the draft until they publish the project

4 Likes

humans also can make mistakes

4 Likes

less than computers imo

3 Likes