This Siri Shortcut Can Modify your Projects | ๐“๐”€๐“ฎ๐“ผ๐“ธ๐“ถ๐“ฎ_๐“”

That would be very cool and advanced!

1 Like

Yeah, Iโ€™d hope itโ€™s possible. But userscripts donโ€™t mix nicely with CSPs (content security policy โ€“ these are headers that tell the page which scripts + other content is allowed to run, and user scripts often count as โ€œarbitrary scriptsโ€ which are blocked by the web editorโ€™s CSP). Hopefully it is possible though

2 Likes

Huh? Whatโ€™s that?

Read the parenthesized text

2 Likes

After a couple of quick searches, a userscript version might be possible (yay!), but it would take a bit of extra work to get that version running since I donโ€™t have access to different functions, classes, variables, etc.

2 Likes

would it still be possible to directly add the extension in the web? for example, if you reload your draft, you enter the draft editor which has your extension

currently my school blocks all sorts of extensions but if itโ€™s not possible to do, itโ€™s okay

1 Like

Iโ€™m not sure what you mean by this. If you mean as part of the official web explorer itself, probably not. If you mean adding it as a separate JS script you can run with an extension like tampermonkey or as a JS bookmarklet, then maybe.

Thatโ€™s how it would work regardless of method taken

Unless youโ€™re on a Chromebook, you can just install a different browser

1 Like

Project Search Progress:

Get it working at a basic level
Block trace messages
Reveal block in project
Visual check for small screens

Screen Recording 2022-09-06 at 10.57.50 AM

Why web development is awful

Firefox why :triumph:

I had a feeling something would be weird when my old code checked 'onsearch' in InputElement

also why is that emoji called :triumph:?

Edit 2022-09-06T17:58:00Z: This is probably close enough to initial release state โ€“ might post about this soon @/Good-Es @/TheModders

15 Likes

@Awesome_E I just created a Siri Shortcut that is capable of converting a traditional Hopscotch Project link to a link that can be used by your Modded Player, Project Builder, and the Official Hopscotch Web Explorer.

If I could share it to you (or am even allowed to), I would. It is a Hopscotch related shortcut (somewhat). All it does is replaces the old link with the link to one of the sites mentioned above, and saves it to your clipboard.

Reason I created the shortcut: It was really inconvenient for me to keep pasting my link somewhere and creating the appropriate link manually (to your modded player, specifically. Doing this manually couldโ€™ve also led to accidental fake UUIDs), so I decided to create a shortcut that will automatically do all that for me.

It also makes it easier since people wouldnโ€™t have to remember how to type the url to get to the page they want. It can be done in 3 easy steps: Copy, Paste, Convert.

2 Likes

oh thats interesting
do you mind if i try to make my version of that too?

2 Likes

Knock yourself out. Itโ€™s a really basic shortcut, other than the regex check to ensure itโ€™s a valid project link (to an extent).

What I did:

Assuming your link is https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/11mfoqcktv, (yes, this is a link to STAR-LINK).

for the project builder: replace /c.gethopscotch.com/p/ with /ae-hopscotch.github.io/hs-tools/hs-builder/?loadUrl=

for the modded player: replace /c.gethopscotch.com/p/ with /ae-hopscotch.github.io/hs-tools/play-project/?id=

for the web explorer: replace /c. with /explore.

1 Like

Sure, go ahead. As long as we can verify that it does what you say, itโ€™s allowed (otherwise this topic wouldnโ€™t exist)

2 Likes

Ok. Hereโ€™s a link.

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/80c29703c96f4d688836b964542d5ab7

2 Likes

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/938f903fa31c4197a5d2ea0062ab3c03

This shortcut has been updated to allow users to convert from a link used in your official web explorer.

1 Like

@/Awesome_E link in edit reason. I put it there in case of needed approval. Feel free to edit the link into the post after approval.

Edit: done

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/7525e5a401d44560b38e6ab7d03690ae

2 Likes

Anything I should add or remove to improve on my shortcut? Iโ€™m open to suggestions.

2 Likes

Oh, this is embarrassing. I just found out I misspelled โ€œBrowser,โ€ lol.

Iโ€™ll send a hotfix update.

Edit: Hopscotch Link Converter Shortcut v1.2 Hotfix

2 Likes

I am proud to present Hopscotch Link Converter 2.0!

This was recreated from the ground up, which gives you the ability to convert any Hopscotch related link, whether it be an app link, the web explorer link, or a link from Awesome_Eโ€™s github, while also being smaller than before.

I also learned a few things about Dictionaries and how they work from all of this. Probably wasnโ€™t the best idea, but hey, it works.

3 Likes

@Awesome_E

Trying to save a project via the Project Builder results in an infinite wait / never redirects to the shortcut used to save the project.

Affected Version: iPadOS 16.1.1
Affected File Size: 2.58 MB

Iโ€™m basically trying to upgrade my projectโ€™s version to 1.5.25 (I canโ€™t do it in the app, because that will upgrade it to the latest version: 2.1.4, which I canโ€™t use as that will break collisions and custom blocks).

2 Likes

Thereโ€™s a link that says click here if you arenโ€™t redirected automatically. If that doesnโ€™t work, you can share a URL in edit history

1 Like