(also arrow keys work in Robo Fight)

Thatโ€™s normal HS behavior due to OS differences

3 Likes

Really? :eyes:
I remember asking this a while ago, actually

In that case, Iโ€™ll be reading the docs inside and out :wink:

1 Like

You have got to teach me how to do that haha

Yeah, definitely not the first to read about it but the first to implement it yourself โ€“ good luck and feel free to ask questions here or on The Hopscotch Webplayer

2 Likes

I was wondering if there was a separate topic for that
Thanks! Anyway, I have to work on an essay first

Also thanks for the photo fix :)

2 Likes

I read the document, thereโ€™s no section on arrow keys; or you mean something else?

1 Like

check hardware โ€“ check one key in a list, then get the keycode for arrow keys by using https://keycode.info

(arrow keys are โ† 37, โ†‘ 38, โ†’ 39, โ†“ 40)

3 Likes

NOTICE!

HS Builder is currently incompatible with local variables. They currently cannot identify by name, and local variables set at the custom rule or object level will be deleted if you โ€œremove deleted codeโ€, as the code is not recognized at that level

@Good-Es

8 Likes

I looked into the structure a little bit, and it seems that local variables are purely defined by their name, which I find super interesting. No IDs to track variables, just things at various scopes like any other languages. I do remember a little bit of discussion on this, but honestly the implementation is really cool!

HS Builder Update timing is very questionable, maybe end of the year but no promises yet.

4 Likes

You can actually get the block-

Itโ€™s too hard to explain, Iโ€™ll show a video

So basically if you use the set block it can be moved in and out of when blocks.

That is really cool
Itโ€™s basically the same block

(@Awesome_E)

2 Likes

Yeah I know. I was discussing the variable itself though, not the block.
(I think you can also put other blocks outside of the rule through editing though I have not gotten the time to test that :thinking:)

3 Likes

Update: you can see local variables and rules inside of objects for newer projects, but I still donโ€™t recommend saving from HS Builder right now, as custom rules donโ€™t work properly with local variables yet.

1 Like