This Siri Shortcut Can Modify your Projects | ๐“๐”€๐“ฎ๐“ผ๐“ธ๐“ถ๐“ฎ_๐“”

Hi @Awesome_E Have you looked into how user variables are saved? Meaning are they saved locally on the users device? And can/could your tool be used to access or change the contents of a user variable?

They seem to be stored on the iOS app (and in localStorage for the web), meaning that modifying a projectโ€™s data with a JSON editor wonโ€™t affect user variables. However, you can use JavaScript to modify user variables on the web.

Ok, yeah. Didnโ€™t expect theyโ€™d be in the project JSON but thought perhaps itโ€™d still be possible to change one with a shortcut tool. Itโ€™s coded with JS?

That would only be possible as a share sheet shortcut run on an iOS page, unless iOS app user variables are stored in a file thatโ€™s accessible from the files app.

Itโ€™s in hopscotch_metdata, in zprojectdata.

1 Like

Cool! Then it might be worth some time to learn how to edit SQL with JS :thinking:

1 Like

Agree with that

1 Like

AE, did you say that using JS we could change variables on the web using share sheet shortcuts?

That would be cool if someone made that

3 Likes

Only โ€œSave HS Projectโ€

2 Likes

@Awesome_E iโ€™m running save hs project from
your composer, it takes me to shortcuts and runs it. The file does appear in hopscotch > json projects but not in my drafts any idea why?

3 Likes

That also happens to me

3 Likes

Yeah โ€“ on iOS 15, you need to edit the last โ€œSave fileโ€ action since it wonโ€™t ask you to replace the file anymore.

Tap on โ€œShow moreโ€ and turn on โ€œOverwrite if file existsโ€. Next time you save it, it should overwrite the file instead of saving a copy of it.

(+ @Jay)

Save HS Project = Project Builder?

2 Likes

It still doesnโ€™t workโ€ฆ the secret blocks donโ€™t get added inโ€ฆ

1 Like

Youโ€™re using the project builderโ€ฆ? or the Project Composer?

2 Likes

Yes, I am using the builderโ€ฆ not the shortcut

2 Likes

So that means you would edit the โ€œSave HS Projectโ€ shortcut and turn on โ€œOverwrite if file existsโ€ in the last save file action.

Then when you save, make sure it is to iPad > Hopscotch > json_project. Right?

2 Likes

I didnโ€™t really check in files, Iโ€™ll check and confirm

2 Likes

I checked and it didnโ€™t, fixed it, thank you very much

2 Likes

No problem, glad that fixed your issue

2 Likes

@Awesome_E done that already. It saves in files but it doesnโ€™t show up in drafts on the app

2 Likes