this is amazing

2 Likes

Parent goals :joy:

3 Likes

Ooh, cool!

3 Likes

Yea, pretty fun though

2 Likes

Ok I think I like draggable windows a little bit too much haha (and transparency)

Reminds me of something else I madeโ€ฆ :thinking:

8 Likes

Forgot to earlier, but Iโ€™ll say now, this looks really cool. (Drawing Pad X?) Are you planning on making a full web editor?

sorry if you already mentioned it somewhere, I havenโ€™t been as active in this topic!

5 Likes

yes

The end goal [is a fully capable web editor and player]

no worries

3 Likes

Coolo, and thanks.

Thatโ€™s gonna be awesome, and I like the idea of a block reference tab. Especially helpful for new users or just trying to learn a certain concept.

3 Likes

Even with someone who can make all of these things like me, I canโ€™t memorize every block. Itโ€™s super helpuful to have on hand.

Also, the workspace is expandable, meaning you can drag the windows further down or to the right. I am still trying to figure out a few things then you might see a merge of a couple โ€œHS Builder Pagesโ€ โ€“ that will be the ultimate HS Web/any editor besides HS itself. I have made searching the project functional, one-time download links (thanks file.io), basic modifications (like beta editor), and nested modifications. A couple more user-friendly features (toolbars, interface, preset actions like โ€œoptimizeโ€ or โ€œsecret blocksโ€) and this thing has huge capabilities.

2 Likes

(note to self for smaller features to add โ€“ these are โ€œone clickโ€ things)

• โ€œAdd Secret Blocksโ€
  • โ€œAdd all Set Image Blocksโ€
  • Optimize color slots
  • Save Preset from abilities/custom rules
  • Load Preset
  • Sort abilities alphabetically
  • Rearrange abilities
  • Rearrange custom rules
  • Lock project with pin (though this wonโ€™t be that secure, considering a variation of the pin is visible in the code and block render still shows it)
  • Insert conditional value (โ€œvariable setterโ€ from dictionary, like ability dictionaries from last year)
  • etc. any suggestions?
1 Like

Good point, I get that too

This seems really open ended. How would expanding the window effect things like player dimensions? Or is it editor only?

yes

How would this work? Like an expendable โ€œkeyโ€ that lets you get the project and edit it?

the toolbar sounds interesting.

2 Likes

Ah right, posted before seeing that

2 Likes

Yep, this is only for the editor on the web page. Although, you will be able to change the stage size since that is a โ€œbasic traitโ€

I agree. Even with just console logging, this has made debugging a few HSerโ€™s project much faster and easier.

(you know how converter websites have temporary download links? like that but an HS project)

Itโ€™s just using a XML โ€œpostโ€ request that uploads the file to a server which allows 1 download of the file before permanent deletion. Basically the perfect site for temporary links.

Itโ€™d take some time to get this right, but it would be super helpful for unneeded tools and having one place to summon tools that you need

2 Likes

That is amazing!

4 Likes

I always accidentally forget that the world hasnโ€™t memorized every block like I have when tutoring young children to use hopscotch

3 Likes

Ok @awesome_e I requested secret blocks for a project, but could you also put secret images if possible?

3 Likes