This is a issue Username Stealing

Already happened to me, but honestly I just shrugged it off. It’s not like they copied my projects anyway.

7 Likes

If you have like trillion projects it really not a problem they probably won’t spend they’re lifetime scrolling through you profile and remixing all your projects lol

3 Likes

Yeah I really agree with you. I would be mad if someone stole my username and projects and got more likes. Though there is a way of telling if it’s the real hs team, they send you notifications.

3 Likes

Same here. That would not be cool If I was a huge creator and someone is impersonating me, and taking some credit. I think people should get all the dread it they deserve.

3 Likes

But no one has that many

3 Likes

They could try to do that, I mean, it’s not impossible

3 Likes

I have a ton of projects in the past 2 years in hopscotch

3 Likes

Lol why all of a sudden did this topic revive

3 Likes

It’s called the spread whenever I post people find my post

2 Likes

Well, I can tell the difference by likes and plays. And this isn’t that big of an issue.

3 Likes

It is an issue, but it is more about morals than coding. If someone wants to impersonate someone else to get more likes, then they do that. It might trick people, but that is their decision and the person that they are trying to impersonate’s. If that person doesn’t want to be impersonated and they ask them to stop, I’m sure they will. If they don’t just report them if it causes a big problem.

4 Likes

Just a quick message on the project remix data – don’t fret. The server actually does show the correct projects for remixes when we do a lookup from the database, meaning that the data is there. The bug is definitely fixable but there hasn’t been the time to do it nor consistent data with which new remixes have been receiving the badge.

7 Likes

PSA: no matter how much of a problem you think this is, it’s actually against the rules to impersonate another Hopscotch user, according to the Hopscotch Terms of Service:

Hopscotch is a community that encourages you to be creative and to comfortably explore your imagination. While we are supporters of free speech, content that might make other users feel threatened or uncomfortable is not allowed. You may not use Hopscotch in any way that:

1. Impersonates or pretends to be another user in any way

This means that you can also help Team Hopscotch by sending the names of impersonator accounts to help@gethopscotch.com to help deal with them and take them down!

6 Likes

I have over 2000 from over the last 5 years on this account lol

4 Likes

speechless.

2 Likes

Did you count them all?

3 Likes

so true bestie

2 Likes

Maybe tht should add a report button beside a profile example:

2 Likes

Hey there,

That’s a great idea! For now you can also tap on the gear button on the top right corner of your screen, and then hit Report to send us an email on which user you’d like to report. Thanks for keeping Hopscotch awesome!

10 Likes

Yeah that sounds… AWESOME I LOVE THIS IDEA

2 Likes