There is a small bug with uploading photos in the posts

I would like to add some images to my posts on here, but when I tried to add photos from my library, it just appeared the link of the photo. I’ve seen other Hopscotchers on the forum be able to import pictures as well. How come this happens? Can you please explain why this happens and how to fix it

15 Likes

hey, welcome to the forum! if you post the image, you can see that the link transforms itself into the actual photo, as long as you wait for it to finish uploading. hope this helps!

10 Likes

Hey welcome!
New users can’t posts images if I recall correctly, :frowning: you’re a none trust level aren’t you?

5 Likes

I believe all users can post links now.

@Awesome_E can clarify this for you.

And yep, they are a new user.

5 Likes

I agree with cros

2 Likes

@/Sparklekitty68 Welcome to the Forum, btw. We are glad you’re here.

3 Likes

So, whenever you add a photo, you’ll notice it turns into a link, which says “UPLOADING…” When it’s done, the link will change slightly to the link used for the image. When the upload is complete, then you can post the image without it getting stuck as the upload link.

Also, the link is what’s used to get the image (it shows the actual image in preview and when posting an uploaded image).

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s correct.

I think what Sparklekitty68 is referring to is the fact that it just says ![image|666x500](upload://zlb2mhJwzjoAKm40W6qKUCf83Th.jpeg) in the post editor, but when you actually post it (and in the post preview), it will show as an image

3 Likes

Yes it just shows the link for some reason

4 Likes

even when you post?

2 Likes

Thanks CrosbyMan64

5 Likes

That’s because the editor is just a text box, so it displays text. When you press “reply”, it will turn into an image.

You can also show the post preview (which shows images) by pressing on the little computer icon on the bottom of the reply composer.

3 Likes

After uploaded the image, it will appear to be image + the link
Then press “reply”, after the message is send, you can see the image!

2 Likes

Template:

Haha thanks to Crosbyman and Awesome E :))

If it’s still a link after you posted, you may deleted/change some codes in the link

3 Likes

Wow thanks so much Tabitha that is super helpful you even uploading a video and everything. (Also, thank you to anyone else who replied to me)

5 Likes