The Ultimate Curation Guide™ [Official]

Nope, of course not! So, just to clarify, if I made a pixel art using my string coloring generator thingy, then made an interpreter, that would be considered curation worthy?

4 Likes

Thanks!

Yeah so secret blocks are always perfectly fine to use! They’re hopscotch blocks that use the hopscotch coding language, not imported pieces of external code (like a fully automated pixel art from string coder that uses python, for example)

Using them will never detract from the extra effort category :))

8 Likes

Thanks!
And yeah, it would. As long as the string is manually generated every time (with one exception, if the external source you’re using is something you’ve manually coded), you wouldn’t loose any points there and it would still be considered for curation

7 Likes

Great topic! Thanks for being for such awesome curators that care so much about this community.

12 Likes

Also, if there’s any other sections you’d like added or anything else you’d like to see from us, let us know :))
Think everything big was covered but if need be, we can add in a couple more sections

11 Likes

Thanks Madi :DD means a ton, especially coming from you

12 Likes

Cool! I’ll totally use this guide for editing my projects!

4 Likes

This will most definitely help me make sure my projects are the best they can be. Thanks for this awesome guide.

6 Likes

Thanks guys! Super happy y’all are finding it helpful :))

8 Likes

nice

3 Likes

Just curious, what could I have done to make this curation worthy?

5 Likes

I think it deserves excellent :wink:

2 Likes

Cool topic! So who actually gives feedback? Anyone or just you two?

2 Likes

Silv n I will offer specific feedback n possible additions per the feedback form requests.
No specific numbers (other than the special effort category that’s out of 40 if necessary) unless requested.

Everyone else is welcome to offer cc but I’d recommend quoting that into the GPUT or YCTAYHCH and having the discussion over there. Just so this stays clean n neat n all :))

6 Likes

My personal evaluation would put this at an excellent, actually.

I think to make it even better, you could’ve made it load faster. Some of the background colors couldve also probably been a bit more aesthetic-ed (custom vs preset hs) and you could’ve maybe messed with the pixel art colors too so some of the shading worked a bit better (like the saxophone)
Maybe a cooler (gradient?) project bg or a different way to divide it up (rather than just solid dark blue lines)

Faster loading is prob the biggest tho, like the rest is super nitpicky stuff that I’d personally do differently if I were coding it

7 Likes

Ok, thanks for the feedback!

5 Likes

No prob

@SilverSong, any thoughts?

6 Likes

Wow, this is awesome and a great way to learn about the curation process! Well done.

6 Likes

Thanks Will, glad it’s helpful

8 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: You Can Talk About Your Hopscotch Coding Here 21 [OFFICIAL]