The summer contest results and winners!

bananas
results
summercontest
firstannualsummercon

Hallo people! We have the results of the summer contest, and not a day too late. I would just like to say thanks for participating if you did, and WOW! All the projects were so amazing, it was agonizing to just pick 5. Another note, this isn’t like a standard grade - it is pretty much impossible to get 100. The average would be around 50, because we were extremely picky. If we were just grading them normally, almost everyone would have gotten an 100! But sadly, it is a contest, so we did have to choose in the end.

Without further ado, the results! (Not in order) (Formatting courtesy of @Kiwicute2016)!

###Chinese Sunset - @Roller_Blade

• Graphics/Design - 28 out of 30 points
  • Difficulty to code - 18 out of 20 points
  • Creativity - 19 out of 20 points
  • Use of different blocks - 7 out of 10 points
  • Amount of lag/clean functionality - 12 out of 20 points

TOTAL: 84/100

Note: This was a very creative work of art!! I loved the clever uses of each block. It did, though, take quite some time to load! :grin: I can think of some faster ways for it to load. Can you? :slight_smile: -Kiwi

Wow! This was such an amazing project! I’ll admit, I’m always stunned by what people can do with trail art, but this was simply awesome! An awesome scene and a very creative idea. -BAS
###Splash! - @CreativeCoder

• Graphics/Design - 23 out of 30 points
  • Difficulty to code - 19 out of 20 points
  • Creativity - 18 out of 20 points
  • Use of different blocks - 8 out of 10 points
  • Amount of lag/clean functionality - 7 out of 20 points

TOTAL: 75/100

Note: Wow!!! This was such an awesome game! How did you do it? Though I can’t blame you too much for the lag, do you think that there’s a way to reduce it? One thing I might have done as simplify the background. -Kiwi

This was so fun! I sunk at least an hour into playing this on my own. It’s a really creative idea, and very good execution aswell. The only thing that brought it down in the end was the lag. -BAS

###Sand Castle Builder - @Caramel_Puffin

• Graphics/Design - 26 out of 30 points
  • Difficulty to code - 19.25 out of 20 points
  • Creativity - 15 out of 20 points
  • Use of different blocks - 10 out of 10 points
  • Amount of lag/clean functionality - 11 out of 20 points

TOTAL: 81.25/100

Note: :scream: <-- That was my face when I played your project!! I loved how innovative it was, with the mini game to catch sand and the achievements! How long did it take for you to code? -Kiwi

Amazing work, really. I can always appreciate a game for face value, but having tried to create something like this before, I can appreciate all the inner workings of it, and the innovative things you are doing with clones. This was a big game, and it really turned out great. Awesome job! -BAS
###Diving Game - @CreationsOfaNoob

• Graphics/Design - 28 out of 30 points
  • Difficulty to code - 20 out of 20 points
  • Creativity - 19 out of 20 points
  • Use of different blocks - 10 out of 10 points
  • Amount of lag/clean functionality - 15 out of 20 points

TOTAL: 92/100

Note: Tell me your secrets on how you make such creative projects. XD This project was sooo amazing! It blew my mind away! Now, my slight concern would be that there isn’t too much of a difficulty change between the levels, but that’s not too important. :stuck_out_tongue: -Kiwi

This. Was. Amazing. Simply innovative - I could talk about it for hours. I love the splash animation, the work in 3D, and the really cool concept. It’s probably the most interactive game I’ve ever played - and if it was an app, I would completely buy it. Amazing job, really. That was so awesome. -BAS

###In the Garden - @SuperGirl3Acer

• Graphics/Design - 25 out of 30 points
  • Difficulty to code - 16 out of 20 points
  • Creativity - 17 out of 20 points
  • Use of different blocks - 7 out of 10 points
  • Amount of lag/clean functionality - 15 out of 20 points

TOTAL: 80/100

Note: Gorgeous trail art!! I loved the scenery! I do believe some small edits could be made here and there, but overall this is amazing! -Kiwi

I love it! It’s very realistic, and I love the little animations you added - very serene and peaceful, really nice job. -BAS

##Top Five
1. @CreationsOfaNoob

2. @Roller_Blade

3. @Caramel_Puffin

4. @SuperGirl3Acer

5. @CreativeCoder

To @CreationsOfaNoob, please pick:

• A title of your choice
  • A badge of your choice (Silver badges and below)
  • If you don’t have it already, regular.
  • A song or piece for me to do with my midi hack
  • A trail art project from Kiwi
  • Anything from Gilbert (except for music)

@Roller_Blade:

• A title of your choice
  • A song or piece for me to do with my midi hack
  • Two of the judges to follow you

@Caramel_Puffin:

• A title of your choice
  • 1 judge to follow you

Woo! This was so fun, and I hope we can do it again :smiley: I wanna say thanks to our judges, @Gilbert189, @Kiwicute2016, @PopTart0219, and I, and thanks to everyone who participated! Great job!

Greetings, again... 😏😆
[OFFICIAL] Summer Contest 2017

What was the Chinese sunset it led to an empty project

@CreationsOfaNoob, @Roller_Blade @Caramel_Puffin @SuperGirl3Acer @CreativeCoder
CONGRATUVERYLATIONS GUYS! :thumbsup:

Links are very weird rn - I'll try to fix it, but in the mean time, it was featured pretty recently.

Yey!
When will our scores be posted?

Thanks guys, and congratulations to everyone. All your projects were awesome :D

We didn't do that (or I don't think so)

Yaaaaaaaaaas! Starts with a German word!

Can I know my score though? I'm curious to see what I got! :0

Also I would like my score pls if it is low that is understandable, it is the very first game that required effort

We didn't score all of them normally - only the top few.

Thanks!

I'm confused. ;-;
What do you mean not normally? :3

@BuildASnowman
sorry I didn't get anything until like an hour ago, the pm legit wouldn't send me any notifications, so when I saw it, everything happened and I was so cpnfused

We just really "graded" the top 5, and then we just kinda browsed through them all and saw if we liked them or not

We didn't use a rubric for every project - we would have been judging until 2017. We went through each project and just talked them through, and then narrowed it down and scored the ones you see here.

Oh, I thought it was going to take a long time because I thought you were going to grade every single one like that. :sweat_smile:

Congratulations to all the winners! :smiley:

All the entries I saw were amazing, and this contest has inspired some truly incredible projects! :smile:

Well anyway, congrats! :grin:
My favorite was @Bananadog's though. :3
Did you guys seriously click every single link? :0

Yup xD We started judging 12 days ago.