The riddle/deduction/math/more club [R.D.M+ club]

Hey guys!

If any of you have ever watched/read Sherlock Holmes, you'll know that he uses an interesting mix of math, science, and deduction to solve mysterys. I was thinking about making a club for people who like riddles, math, deduction, mysteries, and etc. I've spent a lot of time learning about things like forensic science (which is used to solve crime mysteries) and deduction, and it's all very interesting. (You don't have to know anything about Sherlock holmes to join, he was just an example.)

Please edit the next post if you would like to join the club (anyone can join- there's no form!)

In this club, i will have riddle/math competitions, make riddle/math/deduction/science related projects, and etc.

Feel free to use the member tag list in the next post for math/riddle/science/deduction posts.

@OMTL

Members tag list:
@bluedogmc-official
@MR.GAM3R
@MiNi
@JonnyGamer
@Silverdolphin
@Intellection74
@laser_eyed_puppy
@KVJ
@Petrichor
@Sweetlina
@dmf

Tagging people who like math, u might be interested in this:

@MathTagList

I have never watched, nor have I read Sherlock Holmes, but I enjoy math/science. Do you think I could still join?

Yep! I was just using Sherlock has an example of how math, deduction, riddles, and science are all linked and can all be used together to solve mysteries or to figure something out.

Oh, okay. Well in that case let me add myself to the list :D

Oooh! I love riddles and deduction! Those are lots of fun! And totally related to math!

Would u like to join this club?

And yah, riddles and deductions are loads of fun!!

Yes! I'd love to join! Tell me when you create a tag list

Sorry about that — should I edit it into the first post or no, bc then people will get another tag notification?

@JonnyGamer — I see the scotchhop team had a hacker who left riddles. How did you figure out some of the riddles and what is binary?

You can delete that post where you f St tagged.

What does this have to do with Coding? Maybe add Coding into the topic somehow

Also, math is closely related to coding.

@LegendOfFriday

Dude all those riddles were a ton of work and it ended up being something we already knew.. it's lots of fun to solve, though!

Binary is the basic language every computer speaks in. Here, I'll grab an amazing link:

(@t1_hopscotch, we should create a tutorial about this!)

But isn't binary only with 1s and 0s? How can it be a whole computer language with only 0-1?

Yep , that right ! Binary code is only 0 and 1's

Because computers are intelligent. Someday they'll be able to take over the world, though hopefully they won't be able to change a self destruct mechanism.

Members tag list:
@bluedogmc-official
@MR.GAM3R
@MiNi
@JonnyGamer
@Silverdolphin
@Intellection74
@laser_eyed_puppy
@KVJ

Here's a fun riddle:

A woman is sitting in her hotel room when there is a knock at the door. She opened the door to see a man whom she had never seen before. He said "oh I'm sorry, I have made a mistake, I thought this was my room." He then went down the corridor and in the elevator. The woman went back into her room and phoned security. What made the woman so suspicious of the man?

Possible Answer

Hmm, it has something to do with the corridor and the elevator maaaybe. Also, if he thought it was his room, he wouldn't be knocking, he'd already have the key or ask the front desk for the key