The Numberphile Topic -- The Official Nerdy Math Topic! [OLD]

math
nobullying

I don't really know anything about hyperplanes, but they appear to be subspaces of one dimension less then the amount of dimensions in the space.
For example, a hyperplane in 4 dimensions would be equivalent to a 3d space.

I honestly don't understand what you just said.

Hmm, okay. Thanks for the answer!
Using that information, I'll try to understand more of it from what I see online. :grin:

Maybe you could, you know, GET A LIFE.

I understand very little of multiple dimensions either :slight_smile:

Ohhh I did not realise, but is it like what a square/2D surface is in a 3D space then? :open_mouth: A hyperplane in 3 dimensions is a 2D space?

Calm down. Like t1 just said,we're trying to settle this issue Peacefully.

I took a look at this :smiley: the text animation is awesome!

Do you mean conserve momentum when moving through a portal? I think it might be easier if we use variables for all movement to do that :thinking:

Hey man, I find that to be very rude and hurtful to myself.
Plase think about other people's feelings before posting content online.

Yeah. For flinging and stuff. Also, we should make the person detect a portal on the floor, while not detecting the floor.

Why don't YOU do that?

A lot are disrespectful to AUTISTICS. WHY DO YOU DO THIS?! JUST STOP!! Just stop before you get banned. Remember Ella? She got banned for stuff she DIDN'T do. You might get banned for stuff you ARE doing.

What? That... doesn't make sense.

Autistic is an adjective derived from autist, meaning like an autist.
This isn't french (or any other language that also does this) so adjectives can't be plural.

Can we JUST GET BACK TO PORTAL NOW?!

Yeah, this is not a grammar topic. This is a math topic. Nobody cares about grammar.

So, we solved that problem? There, now we can talk about math.
@Healeybot1 do you still have that question about momentum?

@Gobli09 Yeah. I do. Can I have some help with that?

Yes, very true!
Hyperplanes would be 3D objects.

Just like if a 4D object was shoved into a 3d universe, we'd only see chunks of the 3D objects (or hyperplanes) that make it up

Read the book Hyperspace by Michio Kaku, provides a lot of thought
Also, the book What to Make and Do in the 4th dimension by Matthew Parker is great as well! :smile:

Sorry, I was just asking. I'm not very sure myself on how to put in momentum.

implying several times that they're not people :(

I appreciate your helpful contributions with the maths concepts, but you're not making any really attempt despite our efforts. We're a really open community and part of it is that you're welcome to believe what you wish as long as you don't hurt others. For example, some people may not be with LGBT+ but they're not making hurtful comments about it.

I'm really sorry but we don't appreciate this and this isn't welcome here. I like to be forgiving and to give people chances because I don't think anyone is truly bad or anything, but I think this is more than enough of the trouble.

I don't like using punishment as just the way to resolve conflict so I'm sorry it took so long, everyone :disappointed:. The topic was filling up with more content about it and it was just more trouble for everyone. This wasn't the only incident either. I'll reflect on this more next time.