The new "new block" block

Use this template to make awesome bug reports:

Your username: braynee202

What browser are you using? Please paste your User Agent here: this stuff: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS x86_64 15054.98.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/106.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened): i created a custom ability on the web explorer, and once i created it, a “new block” block appears there.

Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:

1. make a custom ability
  2. yeah that’s it

I expected this to happen:
nothing??
But instead this happened:
the dotted block [from 1901, probably]
Here’s a sweet screenshot:

5 Likes

for a temporary fix, close the magenta container and reopen it. new block will disappear and add the new container you created a sec ago

was going to report that but had to gtg to eat lunch

3 Likes

i know how to make it go away, but i don’t know what it does. why is it there?? that’s this topic.

2 Likes

thats called a bug lol, and its there because theres a bug /lh

4 Likes

o h

w w wwwhat caused it??

2 Likes

… a bug

like if you code a bear crossing a road, but instead it falls into a black hole nearby, then theres a bug in your code because the way you coded it did not follow what you had in mind

in there, it’s supposed to be your new custom ability but instead, because there’s a bug, “new block” button appeared.

5 Likes

When the cursor is blinking, it adds the block you tap into the editor instead of checking to make sure it’s not a “New Block” item.

If the cursor isn’t blinking, tapping “New Block” also won’t add it to the container.

3 Likes