@anon56607322
@FearlessPhoenix
@LunaLovegood
@svmaddy26
@trustfalls
@Cutelittlekittycat

let me know if you would like to be added or removed

individual comments

@tankt2016 your progress this summer has been astounding, but given your success on character creator I’m not sure you need me to tell you that :sweat_smile: please tell me where you get your outfit design inspiration because !!! you take pieces that I forgot existed and make them look like they should be on the cover of a magazine. for the star girl piece I really love the colored line detail that helps the lineless work look cohesive and even plausible in front of the photo background you’ve chosen. to superimpose fantasy on reality like that is a real challenge - wonderful/10

@PinkCupcake8 what a dapper man!! I love that you’re able to design an entire outfit concept just from the vibe - and retain that vibe even with new proportions and a humanesque design. the billowing sleeves help balance out the skinny frog legs and the triangles in the feet are mirrored by the pointy vest and collar. it’s details like that which I’ve been really into lately - the viewer doesn’t notice just how the elements work together, but each choice contributes to a cohesive design. not to mention his expression is gold/10

@ChickenGirl she flounce!! what I enjoy about this piece is how you’ve imagined cupcake’s design elements the way they’d be on a person: wrapping becoming clothes, the little piping-like lace details on the gloves and socks, and the sprinkles dotting her hair and skin (:relaxed: so cute!). and of course, drawing cupcake as a human lets us see the spunk she has beneath all that icing! adorable/10

@emo.wolf don’t think I’ve mentioned yet how much I enjoy how your style is based in circles - certainly works for this star girl design at least! to make a different point from pc8’s design: your decision to include so little pointiness in the design makes the shoes really stand out, and that’s an effective strategy too. I’ve been reading a lot about color palettes lately so maybe all this “accent” stuff is just on my mind, but it was something I noticed and it works for the piece. not to mention she’s just do darn cute :heavy_heart_exclamation: adventure/10

@TGIF okay so yes??? everything about this interpretation is on point, from the pose and expression to the juxtaposition of desaturated tones and more subtle shadows with thick black linework. it’s a unique style choice that helps emphasize chillana’s character as a gal who’s both gentle and daring - really, an excellent message for the girls-who-code programs out there. powerful/10

@TheDeliciousOrange with your realism now I’d barely recognize this style, but somehow it’s still distinctly yours! really enjoying the starry-eyed look, especially how it ties in with the stars in the background. also, I like how you pictured cody’s helmet - keeping it more like an opaque shell than one of those bubble heads - your interpretation seems more practical and true to the original design. continuity is definitely important when reimagining characters, and you know you’ve done well when you know he’s cody! would put on my laptop/10

@ilovechickens oh my gosh what a floofy boi :0 really loving the lineless work here; I’ll never be able to master the clean shapes and colored line detail that you use in this piece. it’s a soft, friendly image that feels like a new friend. and even though I voted for parallelogram, I would 11/10 hang this likeness of the great and powerful toucan on my wall :blush:

at long last we have the praise you all deserve. I owe you all an apology for neglecting to explain the circumstances each time I was asked, but what I won’t apologize for is putting life first. between five remote ap classes, college applications, college auditions, regular moderation duties and leader projects, I’ve barely had the time to do the things I enjoy, let alone give that joy to others. and I recognize that that’s the least of what people have had to deal with in 2020, and that some of you may have needed the low-pressure creative environment NaF can provide.

a wise person once told me that there is no less hard or more hard, that there is only hard.

at any rate, the entries from august are all mind-blowing, and I mean that genuinely. each of you is a phenomenal artist and brings unique strengths to our communal gallery. I feel it would be wrong to rank you - perhaps I will have to come up with a rubric. but even then I wonder why you listen to me giving comments to you who practice much more than I do anyways.

I do have a challenge idea for february, and towards the end of january I’ll push it out. but at least for this semester, and definitely when I start college in the fall, things may fall later than planned. I will try to be transparent.
thank you for your patience.

21 Likes

Awww of course Serenity <33

While I’m very excited for NaF to possibly happen again, it’s important that life comes first

9 Likes

Oh my goodness, that’s quite the number

9 Likes

Thank you for getting back to us on this, and that’s definitely a lot of classes :sweat_smile:

I’m looking forward to seeing the next challenge, and wondering how on earth you balance everything so well!

9 Likes

bro i’m taking a single ap class this year and i’m struggling i can’t even imagine doing everything ur doing please take ur time fr

6 Likes

I think we cam all understand that sometimes life gets in the way! Good luck in college dude, (actually kind of crazy to think of the longevity of naf!) but your comments are so sweet as usual, tysm :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

As a lot of people said life comes first ! Good luck with College !

4 Likes

@NickyH135 hello and welcome!
I’m @temm, I can totally help you out!
If you go here, there’s a topic which answers questions and has some helpful links to get you started!

You can tag me with @temm, and I can help you out whenever you need it!

8 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: [OFFICIAL] Introduce Yourself!

omg woah i havent been active here or on hopscotch in a solid two, three years!! came back for nostalgia’s sake and its so impressive that you’re still doing this! naturalart was such a fun experience for me back in the days. seeing this topic when i opened up the forum after so long rlly made me stop and smile for a sec hehe

hope you’re taking care of urself serenity, and good luck with your college apps and other commitments!!

12 Likes

ooo hey jaac!! good to see you again, if only for a bit

if you feel the urge to draw something in any of the next few months you’re welcome to pop in, I’ll (hopefully) be having some challenges happen

speaking of which, feb. 1st is soon and that means I should push out the next challenge so y’all can work on it
would y’all rather I whip up an “official” post now, when it’s on my mind, or in two days when it’s actually february?

12 Likes

@NickyH135 aw hello! im doing pretty good ty ^^

@Serenity february is so close anyways, so i think it might be best to just wait until then?

6 Likes

Remember to stay on topic :wink: you can being this Here !

5 Likes
NaF

@Ren
@Temm
@SilverSong
@GweTV
@anon78855578
@Nobody
@FearlessPhoenix
@xx2
@TheDeliciousOrange
@tankt2016
@PinkCupcake8
@iReesesCup
@Mindcool24
@anon68560021
@LR10123
@Madsie05
@Cherry_Red
@yoshim7
@LovelyLemons
@Ivy
@AmiiboTrash
@ChickenGirl
@ilovechickens
@waffle
@ttruong
@Heracc
@emo.wolf
@lapislasli09
@BluBerries
@anon56607322
@FearlessPhoenix
@LunaLovegood
@svmaddy26
@trustfalls
@Cutelittlekittycat

hello NaF! as promised, you have a prompt starting today!

during february, draw someone who makes your time worthwhile.

this prompt is pretty open-ended: it could be a family member, friend, mentor, celebrity icon, fictional character, or even a pet (and I definitely haven’t exhausted all the possibilities here!). but if you do choose a physical person, I encourage you to let them know how much they mean to you (possibly by sharing this piece with them!). time is a valuable resource, and people who are worth your time are people worth holding on to.

to be completely honest I don’t know when the best time will be to round up these entries, but let’s shoot for the members’ choice poll on the 26th and results out by the 28th?

I’d also recommend adding your NaF entry to your february portfolio in the DHT!

to creating!

23 Likes

Hi um…ya’ll lol um…Idk what I’m doing here but I’m just looking at everything and everyone so pls I don’t mind staying here if you guys don’t mind but um…yeah so I hope ya’ll are having a great day see ya later peace :v:

5 Likes
NAF feb 2021 entry

(Heart locket gif) Olivia my beloved

Wow its been a while huh… sorry about my absence ive gotten into digital art and its just so much easier. I cant guarantee that i’ll be ‘back’ but i really wanted to do something this time

But heres an entry i quickly whipped up!

10 Likes

OLIVIA MY BELOVED!!!

5 Likes