The “My Project is Stuck in the Filter” Topic

If that’s the case, then why is the word “pain” itself not filtered… or is it?

2 Likes

I don’t know. The filter is weird because it filters some words and then doesn’t others and then some people can say it and some people can’t

At least for me

2 Likes

YOU DID IT I JUST SAW IT

1 Like

FINALLY I GOT IT
I wrote choke a lot so i had to do a lot of editing

1 Like

AE’s filter checker doesnt get choke though…

@awesome_e

1 Like

The filter is unpredictable lol

2 Likes

I saw things I shouldn’t have… mainly just some words… I obviously won’t mention them for the kid’s sake…

2 Likes

this is normal

4 Likes

can somebody please unfilter some bfsrc panels

11-144: project id 13l216srkc
11-183: project id 13l7735snc

thanks

5 Likes

The first one has the word “stupid” and the second one has “sucks”

5 Likes

yeah i know, i just don’t feel like redrawing them…

also redrawing them would put the comic out of order, so i would have to unpublish everything after 144 & redraw it & aughtjdhghfj

6 Likes

this topic is to ask why a project is filtered, we cant really manually unfilter a project - so unless somebody has hidden power, im afraid you have to unpublish and redraw ://

6 Likes

what

augh this whole time i had it wrong

okay uh how do i do this without fifty tons of work

7 Likes

Not necessarily – Yuanyuan and the old curators (@/hopscotch-curators) could but usually they can still come out of review on their own.

I think it’s ok to ask for unfaltering, but don’t expect results for a while

6 Likes

This is a great idea!

2 Likes

I think that the filter has words which don’t need to be in there —
words are innocent unless put in a very specific context.
Why?
I think that the chance of people making an inappropriate project specifically on that topic (instead of simpler to make topics) on Hopscotch, out of all places is much smaller than somebody using that word because they wanted to make a game like Overwatch.

Basically if someone wanted to use a word for something simple to then figure out that their project has been filtered because THAT ONE WORD has another meaning that is inappropriate.

2 Likes

The word stooped is filtered on the forums…

but the word idiotic isn’t.

1 Like

Most filtered words, including the ones you mentioned, actually just flag them for manual review. This means that they’re only removed temporarily so that someone like yuanyuan can check that they’re not used in a mean way. Once reviewed, it will be unfiltered.

4 Likes

Okay makes sense then ¯_(ツ)_/¯

4 Likes

whyyyy is trigger a filtered word

5 Likes