The issue of Terms and Condition

Hi I’m Henry and today I’m diving in to the issue with terms and conditions

Today I was relaxing and watching stuff until I found a video about company’s being sued for purchases. The creator made good points about how the company terms and conditions when creating account says they do not offer refunds and other important info. The I thought about Hopscotch so I decided to do some research and I found out that when signing up on both school accounts and home accounts you do not have to agree to them. Most apps have a check box to show you agree to the terms and conditions. Hopscotch doesn’t.

On the other hand when you want to buy premium there is a terms and conditions but that only shows when you want to buy premium not sign up

This is and issue because I case of legal issues hopscotch does not make you agree to their terms and conditions. And as hopscotch grows bigger there may become issues the involve legal stuff. So in not having you aggressive when signing up you create a loophole in legal system. Though the terms and conditions are fair and just. It would be hard to form a court case over them. But even if they are written really fair and right you don’t have to agree to them unless you buy something. This I repeat creates a loophole in the legal system.

To conclude, hopscotch needs a agreements to their terms and conditions when signing up.

If y’all agree show your vote.

• I agree

0 voters

Tags @Yuanyuan @omtl

13 Likes

Wait do you have to tag omtl?

7 Likes

I’m not sure I think this is an issue

5 Likes

I’m no legal expert though

4 Likes

Making people aware of issues or potential issues are great :slight_smile:

However, usually, new topics are found quite easily by users and doesn’t require an OMTL-tag, especially since Yuanyuan, which would probably be the one making the rest of THT aware of this, already has been tagged.

11 Likes

Ok I will do so in the future

4 Likes

I love democracy

Nah in all seriousness tho this is actually an issue, good job on bringing this up

7 Likes

I’m going to read the terms and conditions fully now

5 Likes

Found a problem

As far as I know there is no legally binding
Also for the court place it states nothing about how the terms and conditions
I am just a little kid though diving into a law

3 Likes

I just lost the case

3 Likes

interesting point, though usually in polls there’s a “I disagree/accidentally voted” option too lol

8 Likes

Oh come on I lost the case

4 Likes

But wait when do you ever agree to theres?

1 Like

This makes sense, I agree!

1 Like

T’what is dis about?

2 Likes

read the OP then

3 Likes

The legal issue of terms and condition argument

2 Likes

@Yuanyuan i think I found a I found a answer in the terms and conditions sometimes it states “by installing or using any of our products you automatically agree to are terms or service and privacy”

3 Likes

Looks like you’ve found the answer!

5 Likes