The Hopscotch Webplayer

Thanks!

Maybe

Custom _ae_webplayer_actions are separated from the webplayer JS file, so it will work on any player version.

2 Likes

look at this distinguished gentleman

3 Likes

I just tried this out for myself, and it works perfectly. Here is a project I made that tests it (Press L3 to change it to green, release to change it back to red).

Apparently it only works if you copy the link into the search box of your player… I tried the link that takes you straight to your player but it surprisingly didn’t work… in terms of the controller…

I might also add this to my game, but I’ll have to change my local variables to trait variables due to the incompatibility of Local Variables on your player.

1 Like

I’m speechless
I haven’t even tried out keyboard support, yet here you are making Hopscotch seem more like a console

Keyboard and controller support is something Hopscotch should really consider implementing, once the online version of the app is working again.

Super excited that it can support multiple controllers since it would be hard for online multiplayer controllers to play an FPS game. Now there will be virtually no lag between players and people’s hands won’t be scrunched up on an iPad anymore. Definitely going to be using this.

2 Likes

Whipped up an old game to demo this as well, no UI but it was made in a short time –

Movement = left joystick, Fire = right trigger (RT // R2)
:a: or :o2: = X (□)
:b: or :eight_pointed_black_star: = Y (▵)
:heart_decoration: = A (✕)
:eight_spoked_asterisk: or :sparkle: = B (◯)
Press menu (≡ / options / start) on BOTH controllers to restart game

First controller connected = Robo
Second controller = Space Pod

Robo Fight 6000 – Controller Edition!

Thanks! (and I agree!)

Awesome, tag me with anything that uses this!

3 Likes

What button would that be on DualShock4? There’s Share (Select on DualShock3), Options (Start on DualShock 3), PS Button (holding this will open the App Library on iOS and iPadOS), and obviously all of the other buttons.

1 Like

Is it not that symbol (≡)? Should be the button on the towards the top (start?)

3 Likes

Got ya. Yeah, on DualShock4 it’s labeled as “Options”

2 Likes

@Awesome_E I found a hilarious bug in your player

And yes, it actually did get checked as if the not operator was never there.

And it was uploaded to the player as is, no modifications were made.

3 Likes

@Awesome_E I just found out your player can easily bypass the 999 character limit in prompts. However, I think that made it unable to be copied.

For reference, the length of my string was 14001 characters long (that part was accidental, I meant to only input a length of 1400), where the HS app can only show 999 of those characters in a prompt at a time. (I can easily copy 10,000 characters at once on your player).

2 Likes

That could be an app vs webplayer difference if you’re talking about prompt message, since I didn’t change anything to make it happen.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Bump

3 Likes

@Awesome_E what are the specific variables that the “js-alert” action only works with?

Used in a comment + data block, btw

I already know it doesn’t work with any user-made variables, nor the (self) name variable (and I guessing the (self) text variable doesn’t work either).

2 Likes

It should work with all variable types, but they have to be in the data parameter. Might be wrong, but I thought I updated it to do that.

1 Like

Here’s a test project I made:

Edit: I figured it out. It was just an error caused by missing double quotes in the text.

Test » “Test”

For the name variable, I’ll have to do (") + (self Name) + (") for it to work correctly…

2 Likes

Massive changes for you – it is now possible to play platformers (reasonably) without coded keyboard support on a (non-touchscreen) computer!

Alternative video link (try this if the video is buffering or not loading)
Project used for the demo (Star Link by @Crosbyman64)
Modded player link for that project

@Good-Es @TheModders

15 Likes

That’s Awesome (E).

Ironically, I actually beat the first level on a non-touchscreen computer, just by quickly moving the mouse and clicking buttons. It was challenging, but I managed to do it.

Level 2 would need your massive change
Same for all levels that require you to tap left, up, right very quickly

5 Likes

Yeah but it totally ruins the mood, especially as you go further along. And it’s straight up impossible for a game like Perilous Parallelogram, if you remember that.

6 Likes

Yeah, I remember Perilous Parallelogram, especially with the swap mechanic. I also remember Loop, Can’t Stop Jumping, Ninja Frog, and pretty much every platformer I ever played.

I like how you used P for pause (I would’ve done the same too, I also know it’s the most common keyboard shortcut)

I feel like I would’ve used H for Read Hint, but maybe that’s just me…

At least with your KTT (Keyboard Touch Target), I can do whatever keyboard mapping I want

5 Likes

I know space is usually a common button for jump, but I used it as a more general “interact” button rather than hint (though that could also be something like x or c as well I guess)

Yep, and if you somehow decide that you want to change keybinds in my projects that support it, it will override because I consider touches before key presses, and this mod sends a touch

There’s still more I can add to this, such as hiding the targets after they’re placed and setting special colors for arrows, WASD, modifier keys, and special keys like Enter.

4 Likes