The Hopscotch Webplayer

I noticed the connection earlier when I opened two tabs side by side. Super cool concept, and I hope you develop it more!

5 Likes

The only reason I remember multiplayer exists is because of that game!

I’ve finished a working version of Online Pong:

3 Likes

I’m probably going to develop a few obstacles, different modes, and a restart button, but I’ll most likely get started on making UNO

Edit since I can’t reply twice in a row: If you put “_data” anywhere in the code, will it be replaced? Or only as an argument? @Awesome_E

3 Likes

Also, just a note to everyone, please make sure that when you finish hosting, you restart the project before closing the tab if you’re on iOS. This is because there’s currently no way to detect when the browser window closes, although if/when I revamp multiplayer, I will definitely have some server-side automation to close inactive rooms.

4 Likes

@tb23 @heracc @anon82626866 I’m back and up for a game if y’all are

1 Like

holà i’m here

3 Likes

@anon82626866 c6vi8h

2 Likes

Gah

Good game haha

I’m clearly terrible at that-

Go again?

2 Likes

gg (:

sry gtg be back in 2 min

3 Likes

It’s chill! Tag me if you wanna play again

2 Likes

@anon68560021

2 Likes

Can you guys move future multiplayer discussion to the YCTAYHCH (referring to actually playing the project – so feel free to talk about modded project code though)? Thanks.

That’s the next player mod I want to make, where you can use one of my modded actions to set a breakpoint and go frame by frame. Eventually that would evolve to show variables for debugging and which rules are active. Maybe some time next year?

I’ve figured out a way to stop and resume the project, so everything is really building around that and the HSMain instance.

4 Likes

Would intra-frame stepping also be possible? I.e., to step block by block? I don’t mean to follow the blocks just within a single rule, but to follow every block as the Player sequentially executes them as it flows between rules and objects during a frame.

3 Likes

Theoretically, yes, but that’s magnitudes harder since it’s not a part of the main frame controller (obviously). I do think it’s possible if I explore the “blocksToExecuteNow” and gain control of that. But I still don’t know the logistics of separating blocks into their separate rules, or if I should just keep all instant blocks together.

3 Likes

I can see how that’d be much harder. For what I had in mind, breaking up & individually stepping through the instant blocks would also be needed… That’s when you’d really be able to follow the code execution and troubleshoot complex logic and complex object/variable “interactions”

4 Likes

I’m not sure what you want to do exactly but I think it wouldn’t be too hard to modify HSExecutable.execute to figure it out. It just executes each block in this.blocksToExecuteNow. That should help you step through the inside of each rule.

To step through each rule I’d look at HSStageObject.ExecuteActiveRules. Pausing the project in the right spot might be annoying though, not sure how you would do that easily.

4 Likes

Yeah I just haven’t looked into it yet

3 Likes

Click to open demo

@Good-Es

15 Likes

Very impressive. And it works very well.

Edit: now I clearly see what the 17th button is for. Welp, I guess XBOX users are more lucky than PS4 users like me…

Wait a minute… did you gain access to a controller or smth?

I thought your keyboard support was good, but this is gonna take things to a whole new level.

2 Likes

Curious: what is the latest fully supported player version on your webplayer in this case?

2 Likes