The History of Mass Tagging

The history of Mass tagging

A long time ago, an user named Follow4LikesOfficial (now more known as Anonymous) created a Mass tag list. It was just a big random bunch of tags that people started using to get attention. This list, however, was critizised by many people that didn't want to be tagged, and soon all Mass tag lists were banned.

After a while a new list, the BAS approved mass tag list, was created by Rawrbear and it was, as the name suggests, approved by BuildASnowman. It was used for a long time, and is also known as the Friendly Mass Tag List, or FMTL.
The FMTL, often misspelled as FTML, was a controlled list where everyone added and removed themselves.

However, after a while Rawrbear quit the forum. One or two more rules were added before the FMTL got unlisted (this means it's almost deleted) and a new mass tag list was created, the Official Mass Tag List (OMTL) by PopTart0219, and this is the one currently in use.

Summary:

The first mass tag lists got banned quickly, but then an approved list was created. After a while, this list got replaced by another, the one that is currently in use.

Feel free to report any spelling, grammar or fact errors you find in my text!

If you want to add something, or feel like something is missing, please suggest below!

Topic Portal and FAQ

Kool
Great timeline of mass tagging!

Kool!

this is really interesting :DD

i'm not entirely sure when it was, (i'll have to do some digging) but i think we could probably add something about when one of the mods (i think?) approved being able to have people sign up for a mass tag list with global edit :D

Wow, awesome! :smiley: Great job!

Great job @CreationsOfaNoob!!

I remember when people would just tag like 50 people without the people being tagged's permission D:

Great job! I just knew that rawrbear and poptart0219 made mass lists

Interesting…

Yeah, that was the BAS Approved Mass Tag List :D

nice topic!

I remember F4LO's tag list

The nostalgia :stuck_out_tongue:

I rember all of this xD

Great job

Thank you :D

Who knew this would be so interesting :sweat_smile:

Does anyone have anything to add?

I wont use the tag list for this XD