The History of Code Loss on Hopscotch

code
gone
rip
hopscotch_history
donotlounge

Just tell him that it is scripting, which is pretty much coding, and it is useful in many applications. If he allows you to use Hopscotch AND the Forum, why would he not let you get Shortcuts? I mean, if it is for your privacy and safety, it’s all cool (he can still check the code in my Shortcut if he wants).

3 Likes

There was a preview?

2 Likes

yes i remember it well

2 Likes

You could view a preview of your object obeying your command in the editor, except that feature was around from 2014 to 2015. It was removed for an unknown reason, even though it was still compatible with the old editor layout.

2 Likes

Huh didn’t know that.

3 Likes

That’s because it existed from 2014 to 2015, back when Hopscotch still had the old editor layout.

3 Likes

ye.

2 Likes

April 2017, but I have a friend, ghost :ghost: :ghost:, who joined in September 2014 (on an old account, ModestNeckelace). He didn’t really use Hopscotch back then, so he actually started in May 2015. He thus has no counteract experience with the “move with trail” block (except in other people’s projects), but he does know about the “show preview” feature.

2 Likes

Thanks, @William04GamerA, but I doubt anyone else still has the old editor update. (LuckyDuncan :four_leaf_clover: did up until August 2017, when his iPad was updated. I was told personally.)

2 Likes

:man_facepalming: W04GA still has the old editor on a device

4 Likes

I had a project made in December which used it.

5 Likes

Not webplayer, editor oh the block, that was never removed from webplayer, just editor

3 Likes

Yeah.

It actually doesn;'t work in the webplayer, you need version 24 on the project which is before the webplayer and so it only works in the app.

5 Likes

I already know that because he said it above.

2 Likes

…which is why ghost​:ghost::ghost: has seen it in the code of other projects before.

2 Likes

What I was describing was this:
(Took me a while to find it since it’s so old, well, for me.)

3 Likes

Yeah. There you would go into the code, and there would be the “show preview” feature.

2 Likes

Huh. I don’t remember that. I dunno.

1 Like

Oh well. Idk what you were talking about.

1 Like

Oh yeah lol I remember that.
I used to love having it laid out like that so you could go into the specific event blocks.
But at the same time if an object had like 80 of those (I’ve seen drawing pads like that) it’d get super cluttered and messy

3 Likes