The History of Code Loss on Hopscotch

code
gone
rip
hopscotch_history
donotlounge

You could use Awesome E’s JSON shortcut.

3 Likes

Is that where all the rules came up and then you selected which one to work on? E.G.

‘When Game Starts’
Move Forward 50

And then when you clicked on that you would edit that one rule?

1 Like

I don’t have the Shortcut app and I doubt my dad would let me get it. I do use his secret blocks project though.

2 Likes

LGBOT, guys!

It was something like a 2014-2015 feature, like Fea said, where if you opened a rule, you could open the menu and see your object in the original project space. Then you could watch a preview of that object obeying the command, and there was even a guideline that showed you which line of code was being obeyed in the editor.

1 Like

Oh oops sorry I didn’t see this!
But yeah, it’s what Cocoa_viola described

It was super cool and really useful. But I kinda get why they had to get rid of it

4 Likes

It just showed a preview of the specific code of the rule you were editing above the list of blocks.

It was only useful for positioning and changing the look of objects.

7 Likes

Huh. That’s cool. I don’t think I was around when that was a feature because I have no memory of it. Thanks!

3 Likes

Yeah haha
When did you join?

Lol np

2 Likes

How do you check? I think you have to be logged out and I don’t really want to do that because last time I did I lost heaps of progress.

2 Likes

Oof yeah nvm then.
You were probably sometimes after 2015

2 Likes

Actually, I just checked my metadata since I remembered seeing it there and it says that I joined March 2016. So it is after 2015.

3 Likes

Oh fun!
Hh I feel so old

LGBOT tho. And I gotta go anyway, cya

4 Likes

Isn’t that a draw a trail block

2 Likes

I think that it is even easier to add HSB colors now when there is a bubble which you can put values in. I have two iPads, one with the new editor and one with the old one. To be honest, I normally code with the one that has an older editor, but I have nothing against the new one at all.

7 Likes

Good performance, move with trail makes sense, and “show preview” was in favor of performance (ironic isn’t it)

3 Likes

No, it’s from before I started HS (it was around in late 2013-early 2014 I cam November 2014)

5 Likes

It was there then.

It was around in December 2014.

6 Likes

Move with trail? Don’t think so, it existed but was already removed from the editor right?

2 Likes

Actually, it’s not.

It was the same type of block as “draw a trail”, but it required the use of “set trail color” and “set trail width” before it could be used in order for it to be efficient. However, it took lots of lines of code to do that thing when it came to doing things like drawing a snowflake, so THT had to get rid of it because the “leave a trail” block was more efficient.

1 Like