The First Annual Community-run Hopscotch Election

Welcome to the First Annual Hopscotch Election!

Here’s how this is going to work. There are 5 parties. Each party has 5 candidates that are running for hopscotch president. The first thing that you will do is decide what party you are. Here is a list of the parties and what candidates are running from each one:

The Characters

• Bear
  • Robo
  • Cosmic Cody
  • Star Girl
  • Octopus

The Jungle

• Parrot
  • Toucan
  • Sloth
  • Banyan
  • Hut

The Winter

• Penguin
  • Polar Bear
  • Elf
  • Queen Anna
  • Reindeer

The Halloween

• Pumpkin
  • Zombear
  • Ghoulopus
  • Bats
  • Lantern

The Shapes
This party was added later than the others, so all of the shapes are running. If you are in this party, you all have to agree on a candidate.

Once you have decided your party, you will be tagged to that parties topic. There you will take part in the primary elections. This is when you will decide (as a party) who your candidate will be. Once every party has picked their candidate, the next stage will begin. Each person will have a week to create a project that features your candidate giving a speech on why they should be elected as president, or an advertisement for them. And here’s the twist! Every project like that will count as 1 extra vote for that candidate! There is a maximum of 1 project per person, however.

Once that week is over, the next stage will start. This is the elimination stage. A poll will be created will all 5 of the candidates names in it. Everyone will vote for who their favorite of the candidates is. The two candidates with the least amount of votes are eliminated! You will have four days to cast your vote. At the end of this four day session, the results will be announced. After this stage, comes the next elimination stage, where you also will have four days to cast your vote.

After those two elimination stages, we will be left with two candidates. This is when we will hold the final elections. You will have 8 days to create a project advertising for your favorite of the last two candidates, which will count as an extra vote for them (max of one project per person), as well as casting your vote. On September 1st, the final results will be announced. The winner will then be the president of Hopscotch, until next year.

The Timeline
August 1st - The Primary’s Begin
August 8th - The Primary’s end, and the project making starts
August 15th - All projects for the first two stages of elimination are due!

August 16th - The first stage of elimination begins.
August 20th - The first stage of eliminations end, and the eliminated candidate is announced.
August 21st - The second stage of eliminations begins.
August 24th - The second stage of eliminations ends, and the final stage beings. You now have seven days to cast your vote, and to create a project that advertises the candidate of your choice, which will then count as an extra vote for them.
August 31st - Voting closes!
September 1st - Results are announced.

Cohosting with me is @ FearlessPhoenix! There are certain days that I won’t be able to announce certain things, so @ FearlessPhoenix is going to help me out.

• I’d like to be tagged for all the stages of voting!
  • I’d only like to be tagged for the final stage.
  • I wouldn’t like to be tagged for anything.
  • Accidentally voted.

0 voters

• I am a member of The Characters party
  • I am a member of The Jungle party
  • I am a member of The Winter party
  • I am a member of The Halloween party
  • Accidentally voted

0 voters

@ omtl @ StylishEmojis

24 Likes

First post

Sounds cool!

4 Likes

Can I help? I’m kinda busy to make a project.

5 Likes

Yeah, sure. What party are you?

3 Likes

sounds cool

2 Likes

Can I join?

2 Likes

@Leaders Should the party’s topics be unlisted?

4 Likes

Yeah!

2 Likes

Cool!

2 Likes

Do you want it unlisted?

5 Likes

I don’t really care if the four other topics for the parties are unlisted. I was just wondering if they should be, to avoid clogging up the forum?

4 Likes

Probably yea since there are 4 different topics

6 Likes

Ok. Ima go make them. Shall I tag you to them to unlist them?

4 Likes

Yep. Tag me when you post them and I’ll unlist

Also don’t tag the leaders, I’m gonna grab the links to the topics and tag them in a post so they don’t have 4 different tags

4 Likes

Please vote in this poll so you will be tagged to the correct topic!

• I am a member of The Characters party
  • I am a member of The Jungle party
  • I am a member of The Winter party
  • I am a member of The Halloween party
  • Accidentally voted

0 voters

5 Likes

Jungle

Toucan all the way

6 Likes

This sounds really cool

Just wondering, what is the Hopscotch president supposed to do