The duplicate project disappears

Use this template to make awesome bug reports:

Your username: @RoadOcean

What kind of device are you using?: (Also include iOS version, and Hopscotch version)

1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened):
I was duplicating a project and it is gone

Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:

1. Make a project with a object
  2. Try to duplicate it
  3. It goes to a empty editor
  4. When you exit, it’s not their

I expected this to happen:
Duplicate good

But instead this happened:
Duplicate bad
Here’s a sweet screenshot/video:
Video!!!

7 Likes

does this happen to just the duplicate, or duplicate and original?

(also, you may want to update the title to be less vague, but it’s entirely your choice)

2 Likes

This happens to the duplicate only

1 Like

This bug also happens when you unpublish a project and open it shortly after you unpublish it. If you wait a little bit after you duplicate or unpublish it you shouldn’t lose anything.

2 Likes

This happens because the duplicated project hasn’t fully loaded yet, so when you go into the editor too early, the duplication process fails and doesn’t load any of the contents. And since the editor is completely blank, it treats it as a brand new draft and automatically deletes in when you exit the draft.

All you need to do is wait for at least 10-20 seconds after the duplicate project appears in your drafts. This will ensure it duplicated successfully.

3 Likes

I tried multiple times, didn’t work. And I waited like 30 sec each time

1 Like

Try opening a different draft first, then open the duplicated draft. Always works for me (when I save a published draft to my profile, but it should work for duplicates as well)

1 Like