The Diamond Paws Anti Animal Abuse Coding Collaboration!

Ah! Hello everybody! I made this club a WHILE ago, and I wanted to do it again! The Diamond Paws club is a Hopcotcj coding club that’s against animal abuse!

There are a few different ranks, and here they are:

1. Diamond (Moderator)
  2. Emerald (Leader)
  3. Silver (Regular)
  4. Bronze (Basic)

Here’s the form to join:

*Do you have any pets? If so, how many?

*Why did you join?

*Are you going to be active and committed?

Moderators

Only @Refugeecat123 can promote to moderator level

Leaders

Only Moderators can promote up to leader

@FearlessPhoenix

@GameCodingCrazy123

@tankt2016

Regulars

Leaders and Moderators can promote up to regular.

Basic

Only leaders and Moderators can promote Basic to regular.

@ValueGamesStudio

@Fenith

@Silverdolphin

@Stylishpoopemoji33

The Diamond Paws will make coding projects and contribute to the fight against Animal Abuse!

Moderators can:
Promote any rank (Any other moderators except for Reffy cannot promote up to Mod)
Demote any rank (except moderator)
Set up activities and coding projects

Leaders can:

Promote Basic to Regular
Set up activities

Feel free to join!

10 Likes

I’d like to join!

Do you have any pets? If so, how many?
My family has 2 cats, Yang & Trixie, and 9 fish: 2 angelfish, 1 red wag platy, 1 black molly, 1 plecostomus (suckerfish), and 4 neon tetras.
And I had a hamster for a month but she didn’t make it…

Why did you join?
Because animal abuse is really horrible and i’d like to help, even indirectly, plus this sounds fun lol

Are you going to be active and committed?
Yep!

3 Likes

Thank you Tankt! You’re accepted! Since you’re the first member, you’re automatically a Leader!

3 Likes

May I join?

3 Likes

:ok_hand: Thanks! You’re also a leader, first 3 joiners are leads

3 Likes

K I’ll put this on watching

3 Likes

This seems coolio so I filled the application form

5 Likes

What kind of animal is your pet?

A Phoenix?

5 Likes

:smiley: thanks Fea

4 Likes

@Refugeecat123, I love what you’re wanting to do with this, but this needs to be a collaboration topic instead.

8 Likes

Why does have to be? I’m curious

4 Likes

Good question.

Ana has said this elsewhere, but during focus groups and surveys, the biggest deterrent to new users on the forum was the feeling that people already here were cliquish. Clubs encourage that feeling and tend to make people feel left out.

A collaboration, on the other hand, is short term. The dynamics of people involved is more random and far less likely to be perceived negatively.

Like I said, it’s a great project idea!! Animal abuse is an issue and I’d love to see a few projects to highlight it…maybe even a competition between Collab groups to give even more attention to it. I just can’t allow a club that could detract newbies.

8 Likes

I get it :+1:

No problem! I like the idea of collaboration instead of club!

4 Likes

Awesome!! Hey, see if you can drum up a compet? That would be sweetness and cream!

7 Likes

Okay! :smiley:

Thanks for the suggestion!

4 Likes

No prob! Hey…you do know that Ana has created badges for community competitions right? If you’re interested and drum up attention for a compet, you can apply to award them to the winners… :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Oooh! Wow TYSM for all of the amazing suggestions

2 Likes

Have fun!! And summon me when the dets are worked out. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

I will! Thanks Jazz

2 Likes

Alright. Here’s what I’m thinking for the competition.

A coding competition with 4 judging slots (I’m a judge too so I guess there are 5 judges). It will be anti-animal abuse (of course!!) and everybody can participate. Here’s the thing: there has to be at least one (creative) incorporation of paw prints or a paw in the project, which is why I’m naming it the Paws Project. :slight_smile:

3 Likes