The Adventures Of Squaeyron [Updates Topic]

Yayyyy!!!!! :partying_face: :partying_face: Told ya you would do it!! Congrats!

4 Likes

Congrats :confetti_ball:

3 Likes

Can you tag me for betas please?
also a mega congrats for masterpieces!

Sure.

I’m not sure what to make for level 14 yet… I need ideas…

1 Like

v0.1.0.124 BETA

• slightly increased collision range from 100 to 128 (at game speed 1) to prevent a clipping bug in level 7.

@ALBUS
@affogato
@MooseCat
@SEPIA
@RoadOcean
@Spy_Guy_96
@Tabitha
@894

On a side note, this is the first time I updated this game via the web explorer.

5 Likes

bro this is the confidence boost i needed today

3 Likes

v0.1.0.125 BETA

• Fixed an issue where the coin and lava images were corrupted / altered.
    • I genuinely think my project somehow got hacked, and someone intentionally messed up the images.
  • You can now import a level with the Dark Cave background
  • Importing a level will now correctly update the background (thanks to HyorlsTime for finding this bug)

If you see anything else out of the ordinary (besides missing images / images as placeholders), please let me know immediately.

@ALBUS
@affogato
@MooseCat
@SEPIA
@RoadOcean
@Spy_Guy_96
@Tabitha
@894

4 Likes

Typo: HyorIsTime (I found out I spelled their name wrong. It’s so hard to tell tho)…

Some more fixes headed your way.

• attempting to import a level at less than the minimum size of 8x6 will now result in a dimension error, and the import process will be canceled. It’ll glitch out slightly, but it fixes itself very quickly.
    • This is to prevent an issue where the level visually loops / imports incorrectly
  • The light circle in the Dark Cave theme will now only show while the Pan Tool is selected
    • You can now edit the outer tiles while in the Dark Cave theme

Try to make a level that would break the game now (by editing the raw data after sharing / copying one of my levels). It should be impossible now.

• Spawn and End Flag dupes result in generation failure
  • Sizes less than 8x6 results in Dimensional Error
  • Missing Spawn or End Flag results in Invalid Data

It is still possible to box in the player and make the level impossible to complete, but I won’t officially add the level if you do that (no trolls allowed).

v0.1.0.127 BETA is rolling out now.

• Fixed an issue where the entire screen would be unintentionally disabled after beating / testing a custom-made level.

@ALBUS
@affogato
@MooseCat
@SEPIA
@RoadOcean
@Spy_Guy_96
@Tabitha
@894
@braynee202 (I just thought of smth: is your username pronounced “brain-ie”, but spelled “braynee”?)

8 Likes

actually, it’s “bray nee two oh two” why yes it is

the name is seven years old and has a lot of history:

i made my geometry dash username “braynee” in 2014, as a joke that someone who is brainy wouldn’t spell it like that, and is in fact certainly not brainy. it became my character’s name in a pretend game with my brother related to geometry dash which lasted around two years, developing “braynee” into something more than a joke. as my character in this game, “braynee” became more and more a part of my identity near 2017. that still wasn’t very much, but all of that changed in early july of 2018, when i changed my hs username from “GreenSkip” to “braynee101” and made my official debut in the hsac shortly after. in early january 2019, i left the acc…for some reason…and forgot the password, which meant i was gone for good. i quickly set up another account and named it “braynee202” as, like, the second one, i think?? i’m not sure what i was thinking. at some point, i posted a filtered word from my art pad, and kept remixing the filtered project in blissful ignorance. i lived in irrelevance for a long time, until i fell into a feedback loop of punishments from my parents [which i will not be providing any details about], which led to a hiatus on my account in the most virtual year ever, 2020. in march 2021, i emerged victorious and returned to hs, still remixing the filtered art pad until may, when i noticed something was up. i recreated the art pad in exact detail on another project, removing the pesky braynee101 remix button, changing the editor to lines of blank text, and, most importantly, posting from an art pad that wasn’t filtered. in june, i started a comic series my followers are all very familiar with, bfsrc, which in turn started up the hsosc. i rose in relevance over time, and in may 2022, i joined the forum. here i am, five months later, typing this text.

also, i found a bug in the adventures of squaeyron: i was restarting level 10 over and over on the web explorer yesterday due to accidentally collecting unnecessary coins near the start, and occasionally, squaeyron’s sprite would go on lunch break, and return whenever the hitbox dies.

5 Likes

The actual bug: Squaeyron is invisible until defeated again.

3 Likes

v0.1.0.128 BETA

• Fixed an issue where the player would become invisible temporarily when tapping the exit level button right before it respawns, and then going back into the level.
    • This was because a broadcast or some other rule was still in affect, which causes Squaeyron to disappear / reappear.
  • The “damaged” flasher animation is now canceled when leaving the level, which means you can start much faster if you somehow exit the level while it was respawning.

@ALBUS
@affogato
@MooseCat
@SEPIA
@RoadOcean
@Spy_Guy_96
@Tabitha
@894
@braynee202

5 Likes

yay thank you!!

2 Likes

Thank you for playing “The Adventures Of Squaeyron.” I am taking a break from updates to the game for a while, as I am currently working on my next game: “When Worlds Collide.” It’ll, hopefully, be the largest platformer game I ever made.

4 Likes

Known Issues:

• Some semi-solids are treated as “intangible” instead of “solid”
    • The cause for this is currently unknown, so it will be a while before it’s fixed.
    • This seems to only occur on the modded player… for some odd reason…
3 Likes

Ok the issue seems to be based on how many coins I collected. A platform was intangible at 42 coins, then solid again at 43… I’ll have to look into the code to see if I accidentally made something unload its collision for no reason…

I just went into color debug mode (not in code for the public), and I found that the semi-solids did not have their collisions set correctly (nor at all for that matter). I’ll have to look into their code to see what went wrong…

2 Likes

I finally got the issue resolved. I’ll push out an update later today.

@ALBUS
@affogato
@MooseCat hey, there. Could you remind me what you were before? Edit: never mind, I found out really quickly.
@SEPIA
@RoadOcean
@Spy_Guy_96
@Tabitha
@894

4 Likes

0.1.0.131 BETA

• Fixed an issue regarding semi-solid collisions.
1 Like

Hi there. Could you please not tag me? As I am not very active :melting_face:.

2 Likes