The Adventures Of Squaeyron [Updates Topic]

Here is where you'll receive all future updates for my newest platformer: The Adventures Of Squaeyron

Here is a small teaser for the next update version 0.1.0.20 BETA

That black window in the bottom right corner was accidental. I forgot to hide it (luckily it was blank).

This project is still in development, so everything seen here is subject to change.

I’ll be using Awesome_E’s player to make my in-game levels. There you can copy the entire tile data all at once, and you can use a Wireless Controller to play the game. You currently cannot do everything with just a gamepad yet, and some things will not change either.

@StarCreativityGroup (I’ll tag individual people for betas, and I’ll tag the entire group for major updates only). If you want me to tag you for betas, please let me know.

Credit goes to @Spy_Guy_96 for collision and tile recycling.

13 Likes

Here is my current progress.

I added a simple shadow to the title, added Play Game and Options (which does nothing at the moment), and a Sky Blue Background. On Awesome_E’s player, the buttons can be highlighted via the directional pad on a Wireless Gamepad, and selected via the action button (X on DualShock 4, A on an XBOX Controller). Play Game will be highlighted by default on AE’s player.

7 Likes

Dude that is sooooo cool!!! I swear if that doesn’t make it to masterpieces I’m leaving hopscotch :laughing:

4 Likes

Well, considering it’s the only platformer that has controller support and wall jump mechanics, it is still very unlikely.

4 Likes

v0.1.0.20 BETA is out now

What’s New?

• Added TitleScreen
  • The official name of the game is now “The Adventures Of Squaeyron”

Please Note:

• Play Game and Options are currently not available
  • Options will include FPS visibility (FPS will be hidden by default), Reset Progress, Button resize, Credits, and Blocks Gallery (shows all tiles in the game and how they work).

@Spy_Guy_96
@ALBUS

3 Likes

This is really nice! The scroll feature was a lot smoother than I expected it to be.
Also, could I be tagged for betas?

3 Likes

Thanks. I made it so scrolling eases out at the boundaries of the level when played.

Also sure. I’ll tag you for betas.

3 Likes

v0.1.0.21 BETA is out now

What’s New?

• Level Select Menu (it’s blank at the moment)
  • Options Menu
    • You can now show/hide the FPS
    • Controls and Block Gallery buttons do nothing
    • You can now reset all progress in the game

@ALBUS
@Dolphin_Blast
@Spy_Guy_96

4 Likes

Here’s a sneak peek of what the Level Select screen will look like. Other than the Options menu, pretty much the only thing I have to do is make the levels.

4 Likes

v0.1.0.22 BETA is out now

What’s New?

• Level Select Menu now shows 20 levels
    • Levels are not actually available yet
  • New Controls Menu
    • You can once again hide the Mobile Controls on the Modded Webplayer
    • You can now change the button size (50-250)
  • Button Size is now 150 by default (was 200)
  • You can now exit the Level Editor
  • Tapping “Blocks Gallery” will now take you to its menu, but it is blank at the moment
  • Various Bug Fixes

@ALBUS
@Dolphin_Blast
@Spy_Guy_96

5 Likes

I just pushed a bug fix update.

• Tiles are now correctly rendered in the Level Editor (no more faded tiles)
4 Likes

Just a quick note:

The game will continue to be under development for a few years to come, as there could be a few updates that could prove to be useful for this game, such as visual/performance improvements, well deserved bug fixes, and amazing new features.

2 Likes

v0.1.0.25 BETA is out now

What’s New?

• Added Controller Layout
    • Go to Options » Controls » Controller Mapping to view it
  • Added Progress Indicator (still no levels yet)
  • Fixed an issue where the menu name’s position would reset back to the bottom after leaving the Level Editor

@ALBUS
@Dolphin_Blast
@Spy_Guy_96

4 Likes

@Spy_Guy_96
@ALBUS
@Dolphin_Blast

I finally made a level.

/color/0,255,0/size/24x16/tiles/acbaaaacbbacaabcaa00bcababacabööbcööbcbööd00döööcbauuu00ud00d0c0uu00ú0d00å0000000u00uud00000d0u0000000000000uuu000d0u0000000000000000000d0u000000000000000000000u0d00000cj00ee0keej0ee0dd0u00000bab0uu0ušóu0uu0uu0000000dyu0uu00uu00uu000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Goto Level Editor » ••• » Import From Code, and paste in the provided data.

I also released v0.1.0.26 BETA

• Fixed some bugs in the TitleScreen, and added Level 1. Don’t panic if level 2 glitches out. It doesn’t exist yet. You’ll have to press X to exit the level for now…
5 Likes

Yoo that is soo good!!! Also is there a computer version?
Also (if you are tagging people) can I be one of them? Thanks!

4 Likes

I haven’t added keyboard support yet.

Yeah, I’ll tag you.

And thanks.

4 Likes

@ALBUS
@Dolphin_Blast
@Noland
@Spy_Guy_96

This beta (v0.1.0.27 BETA) has some important bug fixes and improvements.

• The screen will now transition to black before going to the editor or level to prevent flashing when going back to the TitleScreen
  • The player will once again flash when respawning
  • The player will now fully wait until the camera stops moving before respawning
  • Added a system that checks if the player is still defeated even after the wait till camera has finished
  • When you complete a level with 3 stars and play it again only to get 1 star, the progress will no longer update to that 1 star.
  • The summary will now hide when going back to the main menu
  • The title of the game will no longer move off screen when you tap twice at the right moment
  • I also fixed the debug text as I was using it to test why the player was respawning before the camera stopped. Didn’t help much…

Uses the same link as in the previous beta. I used the update feature.

4 Likes

I just released a small bug fix update.

v0.1.0.29 BETA (:sweat_smile: I almost forgot to update the project title to match the current version number, hehe)

• Fixed an issue where one of the slider objects would unintentionally reset to the center

v0.1.0.28 BETA

• Fixed a bug that occurred when all tiles updated while the animation of a trampoline block was still in effect, causing the trampoline to shift.
3 Likes

v0.1.0.30 BETA is out now

What’s New?

• Added Cave Theme
    • currently in phase 1 of 2. Phase 2 will change the look of ropes in the cave theme
    • Tap “Change Color” to change the background (aka Theme)
  • You can once again change the color of the walls in your levels
  • Fixed an issue where attempting to change the color would lock up all other prompts due to a save input bug regarding local variables.

@ALBUS
@Dolphin_Blast
@Noland
@Spy_Guy_96

6 Likes

v0.1.0.31 BETA is out and phase 2 of 2 is now complete. Get ready for a full-on cave experience.

Yes, I know the vines don’t fit fully on the inventory slots, but I’m not too worried about it.

2 Likes