The 2nd Annual Great Hopscotch Baking Show

@Nobody my submission you can find it in the Top Games section.

1 Like

Theme park simulator???
Haven’t played yet lol but how is that related?

4 Likes

Has a piece of chocolate lol

1 Like

even though I never implicitly stated this, my intention of announcing themes when the round started was so no one started their projects before the round actually started

3 Likes

Well I lost then bye bye everybody

1 Like

@Nobody I am submitting this chocolate cupcake pixel art!

It’s the by far biggest pixel art I have ever done, having 80 x 120 pixels and taking over 10 hours
@theLRgroup

11 Likes

What pixel art method did you use :joy:

This thing is running at 13-14fps on my iPad Pro :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Beautiful pixel art btw!!

4 Likes

ok, thanks for the entry:)

@TrueHarryPotterLover
@Fundardo
@/LR10123
@CB_Studios
@/DaughterOfHecate

you guys have 7 hours to submit a project! don’t forget, you can earn up to 5 bonus points for the use of chocolate in your project

6 Likes

Alright here’s my entry
https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/11mpmopank
Very meh

Basically you have to escape from a maze and collect as many sweets as possible. Me being extremely ambitious, I thought I could pull off random maze generation and a monster that would try to find the player in only two weeks, and in the end none of those ended up happening. Anyways the only thing that’s ok here is the graphics and even there the UI isn’t that great. Basically I have a huge list of missing stuff that I might have referenced once or twice while making the intro

List of stuff omitted from the project due to deadline just so you can get an idea of how silly I was to think this was doable
  • Random maze generation
  • Sugar king monster that roams the maze (replace with traps that will slow you down)
  • Chestplates
  • Popsicles, candy canes and pez dispensers as weapons to fight the sugar king (omitted bc why would they be there if there’s nothing to fight)
  • The footsteps enchantment on boots
  • Lighting (like the lighting in amogus)
  • Fancy walls

Anyways nonetheless it was time consuming lol. Took me a whole week to work on the graphics (mostly because the app I used for pixel art has a 30 second unskippable ad every 5 seconds lol). And designing the maze took me like 3 days lol (and I’m 100% sure that I made mistakes translating it from paper to hopscotch so apologies if there are inaccessible parts, but dw I tested, the maze is in fact solvable.)

Btw I would read the in-game guide before playing, there’s some stuff explained there

5 Likes

Oh btw I must warn you: if you have sugar rush boots equipped, be in the center of the block you’re on before eating or else you’ll be stuck

3 Likes

Turning corners is so hard :frowning_face_with_open_mouth:

Graphics are awesome, though! Love the 8-bit look.

4 Likes

the deadline is now over
judging will begin shortly (lol there’s only 2 projects to judge though) and results should be out by Thursday

2 Likes

Oof
I was on holiday lol
And no WiFi

2 Likes

Which ones?

2 Likes

So gureeteed seeds for others lol

Fundardo
Lr10123?

2 Likes