The 2nd Annual Great Hopscotch Baking Show

hello
it has been nearly a year since the original great hopscotch baking show, so I have decided to do it again

except bigger

Welcome

the great hopscotch baking show is based off of the great British baking show, which is a competition where contestants bake something that relates to a theme. the best baked thing wins, and it is done in a bracket like format—which is basically this:

baker 1
versus ————> baker 2 wins
baker 2

baker 3
versus ————> baker 3 wins
baker 4

baker 3 plays baker 2 which decides the winner of the bracket and competition 

the best part is no cooking is involved so you don’t blow anything up! but if you do, just call FearlessPhoenix remodeling co and we can fix it

the great hopscotch show is basically the same format, but it also has unique aspects, which will be explained if you read on

Format

this year, there will be up to 5 groups with each group having up to 4 people. each group is given a different theme and they code a project that relates to the theme. the best 2 projects go to the next round. in that round, the remaining contestants make a project that relates to theme. the best project wins the great hopscotch baking show!

project themes are revealed when the challenge is announced so people do not start early

How are groups decided?

I put all the people that want to participate into groups which are decided by a random number generator.

My matchup is unfair!

don’t worry—you may learn something coding, which is the point. if you feel as if you have an unfair matchup then just think to yourself you’re sure to learn something.

When are projects due?

due dates for the round will be announced when the project theme is announced—but don’t worry, you will have enough time to make a project. I plan to make the due dates about 2 weeks from when the theme is revealed.

Do I have to collab?

nope, you make your project by yourself

got other questions? just ask in this topic

Judging

there will be 3 judges—me and 2 other people. you can ask to judge, and I will put you in a pool (basically something like names in a top hat) which chooses 2 random people. those people become judges. up to 6 people can be in the pool, then I will put it into a random number generator to decide

The rubric

projects will be judged on the following:
10 points for complexity: is it a simple project or one that spans multiple in-game scenes?
15 points for graphics: how good are the graphics? is everything centered and is the color scheme pleasing?
5 points for originality: is there a game very similar to the project or is it a unique concept?
10 points for effort: is there visible effort put into the project? are there parts of the project that seem unpolished?

this brings us to a total of 40 possible points, but wait: there’s bonus points! bonus points are extra challenge that give you bonus points. for example, in a round I may say you could get up to 10 bonus points for adding the color green. I say up to because if you just add a green circle, that shouldn’t get the same points as making everything a shade of green

1st place:

@/nobody will give:

• 100 seeds
  • large (about 20,000 pixels) pixel art request
  • spamlikes on the app

@/DolphinGirl7 will give:

• a follow
  • 20 likes
  • coded art request

@/willowmoon will give:

• a plant
  • spamlikes
  • a cameo in a story

@/Innerpanda will give

• 50 spam likes on the forum and the app
  • A follow
  • A shoutout
  • 500 pPoints

2nd place:

@/nobody will give:

• 75 seeds
  • medium (about 15,000 pixels) pixel art request
  • spamlikes on the forum

@/dolphingirl7 will give:

• 20 likes
  • coded art request

@/Innepanda will give:

• Small shoutout
  • 40 spam likes only on the app
  • 250 pPoints

3rd place:

@/nobody will give:

• 50 seeds
  • a small (about 10,000 pixels) pixel art request

@/dolphingirl7 will give

• 10 likes
  • coded art request

@/Innerpanda will give:

• 100 pPoints
  • A follow and 25 likes on the forum

*pPoints are @/innerpanda’s forum currency, for more information on them, view this post

what do you say, do you want to play?
  • I would like to participate
  • No thanks:)

0 voters

poll for judges
  • I would like to judge
  • accidentally voted

0 voters

if you voted the “yes” option in both polls I will put you as a participant
please do not say “I would like to be a judge” in the topic, just vote in the poll. it saves me a lot of time

good luck!

@/omtl, @/The_Somebodies

24 Likes

reserving first post for results

8 Likes

2nd post hahaha

5 Likes

3rd post! Mwahaha!

5 Likes

Hmm, poll?

4 Likes

This is cool

And I’d like to beat a top notch hop

4 Likes

nope, I mean pool—kind of like drawing a card from a top hat

6 Likes

Haha, gotcha - a bit confused there. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I can see how it would be confusing, added something to say what I mean by pool so it doesn’t confuse anyone else

3 Likes

I will participate!

4 Likes

Ooh very cool!

4 Likes

I was not here last year, but this year I will

3 Likes

Me vs COAN

6 Likes

How does this work exactly? Do you code a baking show?

2 Likes
3 Likes

I’ll definitely join!

2 Likes

16th post!(:arrow_left:Not really good but :man_facepalming:t4: ) Also, I’ll join!

1 Like

@Ostrich wanna collab

3 Likes

um sure ok

@Otato

3 Likes

ok cool lol

3 Likes