The 25 Days of Coding Extravaganza!

Some of you may have heard of something called 25 days of Christmas.

I decided I wanted to recreate this in Hopscotch (but not actually using the word Christmas because not everyone celebrates that)

So the general idea was that every day of December, for 25 days, I would release a small winter-themed project. But I quickly realized it would be too much for me to do on my own.

So who doesn’t love a big winter collab?

I’ve made a list of 25 winter themed things, and you guys can sign up to do up to 5 of them.

Whichever days you choose, those are the days you’re responsible for, and agree to publish your project on.

Say you chose days 3 and 17. You would publish the corresponding projects on the same days as the numbered prompts, and then link it here so I can keep track. Simple!

Now here’s the important part: I’m trusting all of you guys to do only the number of projects that you can. If you find out that you won’t be able to do some of them, then ask someone for help, or pass that prompt off for someone else to do. This’ll only work correctly if all of the projects are on time, and the correct days. I’m also trying to keep this strictly non-holiday related, so please try to keep it away from anything like that! And let me know if you have any problems!!

The final day, I will publish the list prompt, and a compiled list of all of the prompts. This will be the complete winter-coding-extravaganza goal. Let’s get our winter on!

PROMPTS!

Day 1: snowy scene ~
Day 2: fireplace ~ @TheDeliciousOrange
Day 3: hot chocolate ~ @koletsgo
Day 4: snowman ~ @SarcasticTvHead
Day 5: snowflake ~
Day 6: mittens ~
Day 7: present ~
Day 8: jingle bells ~
Day 9: lights ~ @MarissaBunBun
Day 10: scarf ~
Day 11: penguin(s) ~ @Eddie
Day 12: hat ~ @Stylishpoopemoji33
Day 13: skiing ~ @Mindcool24
Day 14: ice skates ~
Day 15: tree with snow ~ @StarCoder
Day 16: icicles ~
Day 17: sled ~
Day 18: North Pole (actual pole) ~ @Eddie
Day 19: ugly sweater ~ @Four-ants
Day 20: igloo ~ @FearlessPhoenix
Day 21: snowball fight ~ @GameCodingCrazy123
Day 22: plate of cookies ~ @tankt2016
Day 23: blankets ~
Day 24: pumpkin (or any) pie ~ @PumpkinGirl
Day 25: chimney ~ Sage

19 Likes

Can I do day 4?

6 Likes

I can’t, the post ain’t a wiki
Plus I’m a member

6 Likes

Excellent idea! Can I do 3?

6 Likes

I would like to do 11 and 18! Cool!

5 Likes

Sounds fun :wink: but I’m not much of a coder. Will the finished product be on the forum, or on the app?

5 Likes

It’s be an hs project, but I’ll post it here

4 Likes

Could I do day 21?

Great idea

4 Likes

Can I do day 22 please?

4 Likes

Could I do day 20?
Thanks

6 Likes

Can I do 13?

4 Likes

Wow, this is an amazing idea! I´ll see if I can make anything and get back to you later on what I possibly can make.

6 Likes

Thanks!

Okay let me know when you can do anything

5 Likes

Can I do day 9?

4 Likes

Yep I’ll add you

4 Likes

Thanks! :smiley:

5 Likes

Question, @Sage…how do you put all these separate projects together? Copy the code?

5 Likes

Wdym?

4 Likes

??? What does that mean

5 Likes

Wdym? = What do you mean?

So basically could you rephrase or explain your question a bit more? (The first one)

4 Likes