The 1st Hopscotch Quote Jam!

By now, you have probably heard of game jams. If you haven’t heard of game jams/are not sure what they are, look in the dropdown folder below:

What a game jam is

A game jam is a competition without a clear theme. In a competition, the theme might be ‘Superheroes’, and you know pretty quickly that you have to make a game based on superheroes. But in a game jam, the theme might be ‘Not there’, which takes you longer to think about, and can be interpreted however you want.

Now, this isn’t a regular game jam, but the concept is the same: The theme can be interpreted however you want.

And so, I welcome you to the Quote Jam. You all probably know that I am obsessed with quotes, and that is why this game jam was created.

Rules: I will give you a quote, and you have to make a project that shows your interpretation of that quote. There will be 3 rounds, and one hopscotcher will be eliminated in rounds 1&2. In the final round, the remaining Hopscotchers will compete for a prize of their choice!

Deadlines:

Round 1: Deadline is
2021-03-19T04:00:00Z

Round 2: Deadline is
2021-03-27T04:00:00Z

Round 3: Deadline is
2021-04-03T04:00:00Z

Any questions about the Quote Jam? Feel free to ask!

Please vote in this poll:

Will you be participating in the Quote Jam?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

The first quote will be announced on 2021-03-11T04:00:00Z

Tags

@omtl

11 Likes

You can remove this part.

The time is different to everyone depending on where you are

4 Likes

This sounds fun!

Ι’m not sure Ι’ll really be able to complete a project, but Ι’ll try

3 Likes

nope, sorry! but it sounds very fun!

3 Likes

If you click on it, it will show you what it is in the time zone you’re in

I absolutely love quotes (been thinking about coding one lately), but sadly, I’m busy with several other projects rn

3 Likes

Thanks for telling me! That was shown as a default, and I’ll be switching to a new time zone shortly. You can also tap on the time and it’ll show your time zone :))

3 Likes

This sounds fun but idk if I’ll be able to finish a project. I’ll try to finish one.

1 Like

Sounds fun. However, I am developing a new major project that I have yet to name. More info on that can be found in the “Yak-Attack” (YCTAYHCH22).

2 Likes

Continuing on from this, in a real game jam you must create a game based on a certain theme within 48 hours. I have seen multiple: Out of Control, Game within a Game, etc.

Cool topic, btw. Cannot wait to see what projects Hopscotchers come up with…

2 Likes

I was thinking of doing that at first, but decided to give more time since this is an edited version of a regular game jam.

2 Likes

I’d like to make this my first comp in a while

Good luck to other contestants!

3 Likes

2021-03-27T00:00:00Z I didn’t know how to do this so I copyed!

4 Likes

click the calendar icon

5 Likes

What so does everyone get the same quote? I love the idea!

4 Likes

We will probably see a lot of unfinished projects.

3 Likes

Did you mean copied?

3 Likes

Yes…Grammar Bot (Me) is having some issues today

3 Likes

if you are grammar bot I am speling bot. spelling bot is also having issues

3 Likes

Yes, very true.

3 Likes

You forgot your capitals.

3 Likes