Text only shows up later

1 sentence description of the problem:

The text in the ‘text’ block will only show up in a few seconds.

Steps to reproduce the problem every time:

1.Use a “set text” block.
2.Type something in it.
3.Look at the block in the code.
4.Text will only show in a few seconds.

I expected this to happen:
The text in the code, will immediately show.

But instead this happened:
The text only showed in a few seconds.

Screenshots/video & project link:

Your username:
ThKing87

Device type, iOS version & Hopscotch version:
iPad 12,1
IOS version:15.7
Hopscotch version:3.57.0

8 Likes

Weird. I haven’t noticed it happening to me (I use an iPad)

5 Likes

Yeah, this happens to me all the time. To fix this, just tap away to stop typing then just tap a piece of code 1 or 2 times, it should be good :]

Edit: whoops I’m talking about another bug :[

3 Likes

this was intentional so when you undo, you dont need to undo one letter at a time. but i agree that in terms of ui, it should show what’s currently beeing written. this suggestion belongs more to #hopscotch-language-evolution than #hopscotch-bugs

7 Likes

Works as intended. It was made this way so Undo doesn’t just undo one letter at a time, which would’ve been time consuming.

Although, a lot of apps with undo would’ve just waited until the user was done (tapped done) before saving the change to the undo history.

6 Likes

Uhhh yeah I think this happened to me on my iPhone

4 Likes

This is currently intentional as others mentioned.

This is the case in Hopscotch as well, but it additionally saves after you paused typing, in case you are interrupted^^

4 Likes

About that, if you exit the code window before the changes are saved, the changes will be canceled.

3 Likes

I do think it should save in that case when you exit the code window — I will make a new topic.

Longer-term, we were thinking that it might be nice to be able to expand to a full screen text box to edit, rather than the small box above the keyboard. The current behaviour would make sense for this, but I agree it can be a bit confusing at the moment.

3 Likes