Text doesn’t update properly

Your username: Mr. Incognito

What kind of device are you using?: (Also include iOS version, and Hopscotch version) iPad 5th gen on ios 15.5 with the latest hopscotch version (3.52.0 i think)

1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened): i was editing text and i noticed it didnt change even though i switched objects

Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:

1. set a variable (i didnt test anything other than self variables) to text in one object
  2. make new object
  3. edit another variable with text
  4. go back to first object and edit the original variable and the text is the same as the variable you just edited

I expected this to happen: it to show the original value of the 1st object

But instead this happened: it showed the 2nd object’s value

Here’s a sweet screenshot:

confuses me when editing pixel art—i thought i did the same line multiple times because of it

13 Likes

So, the text on the bottom (just above keyboard), when you first enter the text field, doesn’t update to the value in the bubble, correct?

7 Likes

yep

4 Likes

Thanks a lot for reporting this, the clear and succinct steps are very helpful too.

It looks like sometimes when a parameter is tapped, it doesn’t set focus to the text field above the keyboard, but has the | cursor in the parameter instead. In that case, it’s not updating the text field above the keyboard with the current parameter selected.

I will do some more testing, but it does seem to be easiest to reproduce when switching between objects, and if the Set Variable block is outside Whens.

Temporary workaround until we have a fix:

In the second image, tap outside to another block and then tap inside the text parameter that you want to edit again. It should try to set focus to the text field above the keyboard correctly.

I don’t have a timeline for a fix at the moment, but we have included the issue in our list.

5 Likes

This should be fixed now in Version 3.53.0 Official Topic (Much faster performance + bug fix)

1 Like

it is:)

@Friday can you clive?

1 Like

(it already has autoclose if you havent seen it)

1 Like

oops
yep definitely saw that

1 Like

Closed since I was tagged about it. Glad this is fixed!