Text Alignment block

A feature I’d like to see in Hopscotch is: a Text Alignment block

I’d use it for this type of project: Any project especially users coding stories and want to align text

Here are some examples of Hopscotch code that could be improved if we had this: Creating two or more text objects

Here is an example design I’ve made: Imagine a green block that says “Text alignment” with these options:

It would be a lot easier to create effects with text like this especially with multiple lines of text

Here is an old suggestion from 2017

15 Likes

stealing first post
amazing idea

4 Likes

Yeah def, we need this

4 Likes

Yesyesyesyes

2 Likes

YES PLEASE
I really don’t like center alignment sometimes

2 Likes

I second that

1 Like

Yes
I definitely need this
I INfinitely need this

1 Like

yes please

1 Like

I’ve always wanted this. I can’t believe no one had created a topic for this yet.

1 Like

Wait actually sophia is suggesting the same thing, just worded differently.

1 Like

I searched around to see if someone had suggested it before but couldn’t find any.

I’ll just add this to the OP

1 Like

Looks cool. It would be nice to align left, align right, or justify. I left out align center because text in Hopscotch already does that.

1 Like

You can kind of already do this. All you would need to do is clone each line of text. The hard part is trying to align it to the left/right.

2 Likes

Exactly so if you had a super long paragraph this would make it so much easier to do

3 Likes

That really depends on how much you can fit on the screen…

…in portrait mode

1 Like

Just make the text smaller

1 Like

But then there’s another problem: The text doesn’t go to the edge of the screen before creating a new line automatically. You’ll only get about 2-5 lines from shrinking it, maybe 20 if you make it so tiny that no one can even read it (unless their vision is extremely sharp).

1 Like

ah would be super handy- nice idea!

3 Likes

Portrait can display more than you think. I code on an iPhone and most of my projects are in portrait.

Still I’m seeing no reason why this shouldn’t be added lol

3 Likes

Yes

3 Likes