Tell Hopscotch: Are there any problems with the editor?

hopscotch
ideas

Hey Hopscotchers! I'd like to ask for your help with something. I'm looking for ways we can improve the editor (where you make your Hopscotch projects) and I was wondering if y'all could tell me what are some things that are giving your problems when you are working on your projects. That way we can figure out what we should fix!

Also, please take this poll:

• The editor is slow or laggy for me
  • The editor is fast for me

0voters

If you voted "slow / laggy," please reply to this thread with what device you have, what version of iOS and when you last updated Hopscotch. Also, if you have a project that makes the editor really show, post a link to it here and I will take a look. Thanks!

45 Likes

It is not laggy for me

2 Likes

I use iOS 10, and I have an iPad 4, and it is very laggy for me...

3 Likes

You may want to deliver the OMTL for this one @Montoya

3 Likes
pinned globally #5

It's not laggy for me. But sometimes, when I try to copy something down, it scrolls me down the page and I can't press the copy button.

Weird problem... :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

It's usually really quick for me!

Though, sometimes it seems to get laggy. I think that's when I have many objects or I'm constantly switching between Play and Edit modes (to see how my code is working).

3 Likes

My editor is slow and laggy, but I know that it is not related to the app itself. I have an iPad 2 (which is rlly old.) So, the editor is just generally slower, I am getting an iPad Air 2 this Christmas, so the editor should start working faster.

I used to use my iPad from school (Air 2) to could, but they took Hopscothch off our iPads :confused:
It worked nice and quickly on my school iPad :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Do you know why they took it off at school?

7 Likes

They said it was inappropriate for kids under 13.
I don't think so though

7 Likes

It goes pretty fast most of the time but sometimes the loading sign appears in the centre of the screen..
I voted fast because, as I said, the loading sign and lagging only happens occasionally

4 Likes

Yeah, this is the main, rare problem for me too.

4 Likes

They took it away???

That's probably the worst thing that could happen: get hopscotch, fall in love with it, have a successful account, and then you can't even use it as much.

But that's kind of the situation I'm in... except my account is not as successful and I do have hopscotch...

(I just can't use it! :C)

3 Likes

I can still access HS, but it's just laggy.

2 Likes

Oh, okay.

I'm dying right now, I can't use Hopscotch at school

You're lucky

1 Like

Hey @MiNi I know this is a lot to ask, but could you ask a teacher or administrator to e-mail us? Would love to hear why they thought it was inappropriate for kids under 13 and what we could do to address their concerns :slight_smile:

14 Likes

We have an idea on how to fix that :slight_smile:

6 Likes

That's AMAZING to hear!!

4 Likes

Yes, I could try. :slight_smile:

A lot of my friends miss Hopscotch too.

6 Likes

I voted laggy. I use an iPad Mini 1st generation- iOS 9.3.5. Although, I noticed that my iPod 7 (iOS 10.2) is much, much faster. It's smoother and easier to control.

7 Likes